GPA 3.4 MCAT 30 California, Asian.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mediclo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
-

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Numbers are significantly below avg for the Ivies and UCs, so aim for private low-tier schools. OOS MD programs are out of reach. You're fine for any DO school.

See list below

Albany Medical College : NY
New York Medical Colleg : NY
Cooper Medical School of Rowan : New Jersey
Boston University : Boston
Tufts : Boston
Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin : Illinois
George Washington University : DC
Georgetown University : DC
Drexel University : Pennsylvania
Loyola
Creighton
Jefferson Medical College : Pennsylvania
Temple University : Pennsylvania
Eastern Virginia Medical School : Virgina
Tulane : Louisiana
Quinnipac
ALL new programs in PA, MI, NY, VA and FL

If you're dead set on MD, then yes, but chances are you can stay the same or go down in scores., and it's highly unlikely you'll score a 35. Your GPAs are still below avg, and a high MCAT will not rescue them.

So one problem I had is I am applying with the plan of re-taking my mcat on August 3rd. But someone told me, that it would make my application a little bit on the late side since the scores come out september. Would it be better for me to wait for next cycle? Or perhaps apply without checking on amcas that I am retaking the MCAT? What are your opinions?

Best,
e.[/QUOTE]

Members don't see this ad :)
Your app won't be late because you're going to submit your app with your original score first for verification NOW (June/July), then your secondaries (July-August), and then your retake MCAT score in September will follow automatically and will be added to your file.

Goro is right, your GPA is too low to be competitive at most of the top 20 schools. The list of schools he put together is more feasible, but feel free to add a few of your dream schools as well.

I dont know why the UC schools arent on Goro's list, but apply to those as well.