GPA 3.65 MCAT 28 chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shawnk1021

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
delete

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
DO: 87% chance
MD: 64% chance

Isn't that what everyone who asks what their chances are wants?

Members don't see this ad :)
MD will be a reach with a 28 MCAT in Cali....not impossible but you need more GPA and EC help.

I think you need to boost two of the three: MCAT, GPA, ECs.

Not that much of a reach at LLU ESPECIALLY since you are SDA.

Good luck man.

Not bad chances at MD OP. We have very similar stats (and I'm also from California :) ) and I got 6 interviews and 2 acceptances. I'd say that in our case ( our stats that is), ECs are what get you looked at more seriously for interview. You will also need to apply broadly. I think you can do it. Also, I wouldn't count on Cali to show you some love (except maybe Loma Linda and one UC...you can never tell which one). I have a friend who interviewed at UCSD with a 27. He's an exception, not the rule.

So basically...

MD? maybe
DO? probably
Cali MD? ehhhhhh slim chances.

good luck! :luck::luck::luck:

I applied early decision to KU Med (state of Kansas MD school) this year with your same stats and I got in. KU's averages are a 3.7 and 28-29, though.

basically, every applicant will at least have your stats. you need very strong ECs to set you apart and get in. I feel these stats are much more usable for an applicant who was done with school for a year or so because they were able to use that year to concentrate 100% on their ECs while most kids are taking classes fulltime.

anyways, you can definitely do it. good luck!

MD: maybe with decent ECs, but almost for sure with real strong ECs
DO: definitely, you'll be in the top 10% of applicants