GPA 4.0 - MCAT 34 - Chances/Suggestions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bigalo

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
GPA: 4.0
MCAT: 34

Hospital volunteering - ~100 hours
Shadowing - ~30 hours
Teaching Assistant - One Semester
Undergraduate Research - 1000+ hours

I received the notification that my primary was verified over this weekend (which was unexpected), and I have my "final" schools list below. I would like to know my chances or possible suggestions (should I shoot higher/lower or am I on target?) for final modification to the list. I have pre-written secondaries for the schools that I am certain (Michigan Schools and a few others) and plan to have the rest written by August 15th (hopefully submitted soon after that). Thanks for taking a look.

University of Michigan
Central Michigan University
Wayne State University
Michigan State University
Oakland
Western Michigan University
Baylor
Stanford
Drexel
Emory
Loyola
Hofstra
NY Medical College
Rosalind Franklin
Albany
Einstein
Penn State
Temple
Indiana University
George Washington
Minnesota State University

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Any non-clinical volunteering? Your clinical volunteering and your shadowing seem rather low. Any other leadership positions besides 1 semester of TA'ing?

Are your secondaries prepared already?

Congrats on the 4.0 and the MCAT

Baylor - at the MCAT median, .1 above the GPA median, 25% OOS acceptance... probably a decent chance, but you have to figure that the OOS that they are accepting are probably going to be on the higher end of their medians.
Stanford - at the 10th percentile for MCAT, but 90th percentile for GPA. private, so ~60% OOS

To me, you have a definitely worthwhile chance at all of your schools listed and it seems like Baylor is your only true reach as far as I know. Stanford you're at the 10th %ile for MCAT, but 90th for GPA.. which should help, but it's a reach..

I'm no expert by any means, but your list looks great. Maybe consider adding in some more reaches if finances allow?

Last edited:
Your list looks good. But I'd say Stanford is definitely a high reach.