Mar 11, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
I have a 2.8 GPA from back in 1996 when I got my BA, but I didn't take any of the required science courses to get into med school. This semester I am taking 3 courses: Principles of Bio 1, Prep for Chem, and Intermediate Algebra. I got sick with pneumonia in February and had to be out of school for 2 weeks. I failed 1 bio test and got a 73 on the first one. I also failed the 1st chem test and got a 79 on the second one. Rather than take the chance of getting a c grade or lower in these classes shoud I withdraw from these classes now, take them and be content with whatever the grade that I am able to bring them up to at this point and do better in all my classes from now on, or should I stick it out and if my grades are not I want them to be just take the classes over again duirng the summer and the fall semester and have my grades recomputed? My biology professor told me that I would have to get 100s in the next 2 tests, the final, and get As in my next paper, lab reports, post labs reports, and in the quizzes just to walk away with a B grade. My chem professor told me that he would let me know by next week if I should drop his class after her grades the 3rd test that I don't think I did well at all in. I'll be honest I didn't give it my 100% study wise. It's been since 1996 since I went to school and my study habits are very rusty to say the least. That's why I don't want to throw in the towel because I know if i study well and focus I can do very well in these classes and the rest of my classes.

Feb 15, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
Are you applying for admission this summer?? If you are then withdraw and retake the classes over the summer and submit ur amcas after grades come out. Then take upper level bio in the fall n ROCK them.

If you r not applying this cycle, then stay in the classes n ROCK upper level classes next year

Mar 11, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
Are you applying for admission this summer?? If you are then withdraw and retake the classes over the summer and submit ur amcas after grades come out. Then take upper level bio in the fall n ROCK them.

If you r not applying this cycle, then stay in the classes n ROCK upper level classes next year
I am not going to apply for admission, until a year and a half or 2 years from now. I still have to do all my pre med requirements.