1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

GPA and biology II problem, need your advice

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Advendentist, Dec 14, 2005.

1. Advendentist

Advendentist Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    hey guys, i am a nontraditional student, will graduate in may 06 with a degree in SPanish Education. I have completed most of my prerequisites for dental school. So far my overall GPA is a 3.6 but my Science GPA is only a 2.1 :scared: without counting organic II a "B". This upcoming spring semester i am taking physics I & II and Microbiology. I hope to get good grades and bring up my science GPA. My other problem is that i just realized i haven't taken Biology II and i have checked 3 different schools to try to take it during the spring, but the class conflicts with my schedule. The only way i can add it, is if i drop an education and a spanish course, which means i wont be able to graduate in may 06. I know there's a community college that offers Bio II during the summer06 from oct-december(9weeks), but im scared that the schools will not even considered me. What should i do???
    I will be taking a dental school pre-requisite while i am trying to get interviews. By the way i am taking my DAT's sometime in march and God willing, i start volunteering at a dental clinic january 9th :thumbup:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. duh?

duh? Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I believe most schools need you to complete the pre-reqs and have a degree before matriculation, not before you apply. Whatever you do, try to ensure that you get all that done before matriculation. If you have a choice take your pre-reqs at a (4 year) university and raise that science GPA! Good luck.