GPA and DAT, where to apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ar2005

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I would just like some advice on which schools would be best to apply to (well i have already sent out the AADSAS application, but I'm deciding on whether or not to send the supplementary applications and fees)

My overall GPA is 3.9 and my science GPA is 3.9
My DAT scores are AA 22/ TS 21/ PA 21
do I have a chance at some of the very competitive schools? (I'm worried about my DAT scores) Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

yeah i'd be worried too..i mean a 22 isn't that great these days..you should retake it and get a 25 then you might have a chance..and while you're at it maybe retake some of those classes you got an A- in

seriously what are you worried about? your stats are practically impeccable, you'll get into any school

MitchSE-R said:
yeah i'd be worried too..i mean a 22 isn't that great these days..you should retake it and get a 25 then you might have a chance..and while you're at it maybe retake some of those classes you got an A- in

seriously what are you worried about? your stats are practically impeccable, you'll get into any school

wow...-_-; 3.9 GPA and 22 DAT score isn't good enough...-_-; since when...

Members don't see this ad :)
I know where you are coming from ar2005; we have almost the same gpa and dat stats, but I'm still worried myself if I'll get into my top choice school (UOP). Well, good luck to you!

etan4 said:
I know where you are coming from ar2005; we have almost the same gpa and dat stats, but I'm still worried myself if I'll get into my top choice school (UOP). Well, good luck to you!

u guys r really something~~ monsters...

Its hard with that kind of GPA. Take some more courses to improve. As far as DAT is concerned, take it again ASAP; minimum 25 on ALL sections required by most schools.

I think you're being too hard on him. 3.9 and 22 on the DAT is pretty good. You might get into some safety schools like Harvard or UPenn but, I'd say NYU and BU are a reach for you. Do your parents have a lot of money? Maybe they could make a donation.

Hello my name is Joe Shmo, and my GPA is 4.0 in both overall and sciences! My DAT score is a little lower than I had hoped, a measly AA 27, TS 29, PAT 28. Do you think I have any chances of getting in this year? I'm really concerned with my stats!!! Please someone give me advice!

I'm pretty sick of these kinds of posts just stuck out there to get a pat on the back. Well here's you pat.......You're all just fine. You should be more concerned about your chances of getting a papercut while opening your acceptance letters!

Having a high GPA doesn't mean that your app is strong in other areas.

I have a 3.87 (3.83 science) and I'm not feeling very confident because I don't have much volunteer work and I still haven't shadowed yet (I plan to in August).

:(

aggie-master, you are right, shadowing a dentist, or working for one as an assistant is crucial to adcoms. Luckily, my friend is a dentist and hired me as an assistant a year ago. Just because we have a high gpa and good dat scores doesn't mean we know anything about life as a dentist.

I originally planned on applying for the 2007 cycle, which is why I still haven't shadowed yet, but after thinking long and hard about it recently I decided to try and see if I can get in for the 2006 cycle.

I am unfortunately suffering from the same dilemma!!

I majored in Biomedical Engineering at Johns Hopkins but my undergrad science GPA is only 3.97. To put myself in even more of a spot, I only got a 28 AA and 24 PAT on my DATs.
I have been doing research and recently developed a vaccine for HIV, but I'm freaking out!!! Furthermore, my great grandfather was GV Black. Will that count against me? What schools will possibly take someone as academically inept as I???? Please help and massage my ego! :( :eek: :(

ROFL ...

you guys are bunch of clowns.

ar2005 said:
Hi guys, I would just like some advice on which schools would be best to apply to (well i have already sent out the AADSAS application, but I'm deciding on whether or not to send the supplementary applications and fees)

do I have a chance at some of the very competitive schools? (I'm worried about my DAT scores) Thanks

oh yea i'd be worried if i was you. its not like harvard would want a dat below 25.

im sorry, you just might have to go to your state school.

i dont even think uconn would look at you.

your best bet, apply to nyu and pray!

ar2005 said:

if u went to Community College and got 3.9 GPA, u won't get into competitive schools. U will have very low chance...-_-; TAKE THAT!