GPA and MCAT for INTERVIEWS and ACCEPTANCES

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

seabreeze811

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Could you list your GPA and MCAT scores to the schools you got an interview and acceptance from? thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Not finished yet but here it is:

32Q; 3.24 Cum, 3.05 Science

Acceptances: WVSOM

Int Invites: CCOM

Rejections: WVU, GWU, VCU, EVMS

Waitlist/Holds: PSU, VCOM

Hey everyone,

Could you list your GPA and MCAT scores to the schools you got an interview and acceptance from? thanks!

Mcats: 28Q (7, 11, 10)
Gpa: 3.66 overall, 3.6 science (AAMCOMAS)

Members don't see this ad :)
27O (9,9,9)
3.16 Sci, 3.25 overall (AACOMAS)

Interviews at AZCOM, and NSUCOM so far ...

Reactions: 1 user
Hi Guys! I got a 2.84 + 3 retakes = 3.06 (I call it 3.1 on applications).

MCAT 22L -- April 2006
MCAT 21M -- Aug. 2006

I've been a longtime lurker, but sinse I got my 1st acceptance I wanted ot post and say that never give up hope guys!!!!!

OH yeah, guys! I forgot. Good luck every one!!! Thanks!!!

MCAT 22L -- April 2006
MCAT 21M -- Aug. 2006

I've been a longtime lurker, but sinse I got my 1st acceptance I wanted ot post and say that never give up hope guys!!!!!

what school, and congrats!

MCAT 22L -- April 2006
MCAT 21M -- Aug. 2006

yea really...congratulations!!! i think i can..i think i can...hopefully that attitude will help me last until christmas :rolleyes:

yea really...congratulations!!! i think i can..i think i can...hopefully that attitude will help me last until christmas :rolleyes:

Thanks a a lot matthew!!! I was soooo nervous when I interviewed, but everyone so so sooooo very cool. And I jsut told them that malipulation is another tool that I can add to my tool bag so that I can be the very best doctor. I really, really do think that DO is the very best. I want to use manipulation on everyone!!! I can't wait to learn it. I saw it when I folllowed a DO in the family practice and it was SSOOOO coool!!! It was the 1st time i saw it though so I was totally freaked out at 1st, but then I saw the guy and he was all like this is totally awesome and then I was hooked. It had to be dO for me!

I totally recommend that if any of you guys haven't seen a DO with shadow or follwoing around int eh hospital or clinic you should totally tDO it!!! IT's awesome! Semd me an email private if you want someone totally awsome to hook up with

Thanks guys!!!

Thanks a a lot matthew!!! I was soooo nervous when I interviewed, but everyone so so sooooo very cool. And I jsut told them that malipulation is another tool that I can add to my tool bag so that I can be the very best doctor. I really, really do think that DO is the very best. I want to use manipulation on everyone!!! I can't wait to learn it. I saw it when I folllowed a DO in the family practice and it was SSOOOO coool!!! It was the 1st time i saw it though so I was totally freaked out at 1st, but then I saw the guy and he was all like this is totally awesome and then I was hooked. It had to be dO for me!

I totally recommend that if any of you guys haven't seen a DO with shadow or follwoing around int eh hospital or clinic you should totally tDO it!!! IT's awesome! Semd me an email private if you want someone totally awsome to hook up with

Thanks guys!!!

Congrats... What school?

I got my first interview invite today from Touro-CA. I'm so excited. I know that my MCAT score is low, but I think that I have a lot of other things to offer. Anyways, I am currently studying for the January MCAT.
Good luck everyone:)

20M
Sci. GPA:3.33
Overall GPA:3.38

do2b4sure - congrats!

seabreeze - scores and interviews in my sig.

Members don't see this ad :)
Overall GPA (before postbac 37 credits): 2.571
Overall GPA (after postbac): 3.057
Science GPA(after postbac): 3.193
MCAT (Aug05): 21N
MCAT (Aug06): 26N

Interviews: WVSOM, KCOM
Acceptance: WVSOM
Pending: KCOM decision this Thursday

MCAT 22L -- April 2006
MCAT 21M -- Aug. 2006

WOW that's awesome...congratulations!!! thanks so much for your post...it's very very encourating and it still gives me hope too. do you mind sharing with us which schools you got your first acceptance from? congratulations again and best of luck to you =)!!!!!

MCAT - 31R (11 VR, 9 PS, 11 BS)

AACOMAS

Overall GPA - 3.75

Science GPA - 3.62

AMCAS

Overall - 3.63

Science - 3.49

Interviews - DMU, Western U, LECOM - Erie, PCOM - Philly, Penn State, and Drexel

Acceptances - DMU and Western U

I got my first interview invite today from Touro-CA. I'm so excited. I know that my MCAT score is low, but I think that I have a lot of other things to offer. Anyways, I am currently studying for the January MCAT.

20M

HI,

Congrats on your interview at touro! that's awesome! im also retaking the mcat in jan as well...are you planning to submit those scores for this year's application cycle as well? do you know if PCOM, CCOM, and NYCOM are willing to wait for those scores? i know western and touro las vegas will accept those jan scores...

23Q and 3.2 overall, 3.0 science
DCOM acceptance
11/30 NYCOM interview

I have withdrawn from most of my other schools.
Good luck!!!!:luck: :luck: :luck:

:thumbup: Nice thread..really proves that you are more than numbers!! Refreshing..congrats to all

30L MCAT; 3.1 GPA; 3.1 Science GPA

Interviews:
NSU-COM
DMU
CCOM
AZCOM
PCOM-GA
LECOM-FL

Acceptances:
NSU-COM - This was my number choice and where I'll be attending. I've withdrawn everywhere else! :clap:

27MCAT
3.0 Science
3.2 Overall

interviews
Touro CA and NV
KCOM
AZCOM

interviewd and accepted KCOM
interviewd AZCOM awaiting deceision

Touro CA and NV in december

GOOD LUCK everyone and congrats on your accomplishments and acceptances!

HI,

Congrats on your interview at touro! that's awesome! im also retaking the mcat in jan as well...are you planning to submit those scores for this year's application cycle as well? do you know if PCOM, CCOM, and NYCOM are willing to wait for those scores? i know western and touro las vegas will accept those jan scores...

Thanks for the support. In response to your question, I'm not sure if they will wait for the Jan MCAT scores. I'll make some calls when I get a chance and get back to you. Good luck to you :)

26R (B9,V10,P7)

cum 3.23
sci 3.56
other 3.149

Interviews: OU, DMU
Accepted OU and declined DMU interview

MCAT: 32R
Overall GPA: 3.54
Science GPA: 3.6

Interviews I have gotten so far....
NYCOM, CCOM, WVSOM, TUCOM-NV, TUCOM-MI, UNECOM, Western

MCAT: 26S
GPA: 3.7, Science GPA: 3.6

Interviews: KCUMB, WVSOM, NSU, LECOM-Erie, TOURO-NV, DMU, AZCOM, KCOM, UW, USUHS
Interviews Attended: KCUMB, WVSOM, NSU, TOURO-NV, DMU, UW, USUHS
Accepted so far: KCUMB, WVSOM, NSU, TOURO-NV, DMU
Waiting decision: UW, USUHS

This particular thread is a little misleading though becuase it doesn't take into account personal statements, LOR and EC's which cannot be underestimated. At every interview I have attended the interviewers have either commented on my great personal statement or my very strong letters of rec. (those two factors alone are the reasons I got two MD interviews as it certainly wasn't my MCAT)

Anyone with lower mcat scores like <25 got an interview to Western, Touro NV, or PCOM?

Interviewed at TCOM w/ a 27 MCAT and 3.6 gpa 3.2 sci gpa
accepted to TCOM 2 days ago!

I got in to TCOM with a 29O (11P, 7V, 11B), 3.83 overall and 3.85 science.

I got an interview at OSU-COM

Mcat 30 O (VR 11 PS 9 BS 10)

GPA 3.4
Science 3.5

MCAT - 33L (11,11,11)
GPA - 3.47
Science GPA - 3.43

Interviewed - KCUMB, NSUCOM, Indiana University, CCOM,
(future interview at DMU, turned down interviews at LECOM-Bradenton, AZCOM,Touro, and KCOM)

Accepted KCUMB, NSU,CCOM

Just checked my voicemail...got an acceptance from CCOM, Boooyaakasha:)
It came in good time because I just got a speeding ticket and was super bummed

3.45 GPA
August MCATer...retake, 35Q

Good luck to you all

GPA - 3.057
MCAT - 26N

Interview and Acceptance to WVSOM and KCOM.

MCAT 25 O
GPA 3.58

Accepted at DMU
Alternate KCOMB
INterview invites LECOM Erie and Bradenton but withdrew because of DMU acceptance

MCAT 27R
Science GPA 3.82
Overall GPA 3.89

Accepted at LECOM-Bradenton (loved it!)
Interviews at ever DO school I applied to (about 12) but turned them all down after LECOM, I also have an interview at FSU in December (wahoo!)

Gpa-science/non-science-3.6
MCAT-23Q

Acceptances: LECOM-E, LECOM-B, A.T.Still, DMU, PCOM, NYCOM
Interviews attended, waiting on decision: UNECOM, CCOM
Interviews that I did not attend: Western, Touro-NV

As FizbanZymogen said, this doesn't talk about my health-care experience, commitment to EC's and research, which I felt played a HUGE part in my app.

MCAT 27P (P7, V10, B10)
3.45 GPA
3.4 sci

Interviewed: UMDNJ, LECOM-B, PCOM, NSU, FSU, UIC.
Turned down interview: LECOM Erie, ...I forgot one.
Accepted: UMDNJ, LECOM-B, PCOM, NSU.
waiting to hear from: FSU, UIC. but pretty sure I'll end up at NSU. I loved it! and I wanna be a DO.

Anyone with lower mcat scores like <25 got an interview to Western, Touro NV, or PCOM?

I got less than a 25, and I have an interview at PCOM! I'm re-taking in Jan, though, more for myself. I hate standardized tests, and I don't feel they assess everyone equally. There are a lot of people who would make wondeful doctors and didn't do so hot on the MCAT. So, interviews can be done with less than a 25. Good luck!!

I got less than a 25, and I have an interview at PCOM! I'm re-taking in Jan, though, more for myself. I hate standardized tests, and I don't feel they assess everyone equally. There are a lot of people who would make wondeful doctors and didn't do so hot on the MCAT. So, interviews can be done with less than a 25. Good luck!!

Hi Hera,

Congrats on your PCOM interview! I called PCOM and they said they do accept the jan mcat but said that if i wait for those scores my chances are very slim...did u talk to them about the jan mcat? i dont think my aug scores are high enough that's why im re-taking it in jan...

My MDapps says all, but in a nutshell:

MCAT 24R (11, 8, 5 - yeah, I know)
Overall GPA 3.5, Sci 3.2

Interviewed, accepted: TUCOM-MI, TUCOM-NV, AZCOM
Interviewed, awaiting decision: VCOM, WVSOM, LECOM-Erie
Interview pending: UMDNJ

It's been much nicer this round than it was two years ago...

28P (9,10,9) 3.4 science, 3.69 cumulative

Interview at KCUMB

3.3 sgpa
3.3 ogpa
23 (9,7,7)

Interview from NSU and hopefully ill hear from Lecom-B later this week

26n; 3.6 science, 3.5 overall. 3+ years as RN in in-pt level 1 trauma center, good interviewer ( I guess as I have been told)

Interviews/acceptances: AZCOM, LECOM-Br, NOVA

I applied to four schools total and I withdrew my aplication from PCOM-Ga after visiting the school- just did not like it for some reason...

Good luck, ya'll

MCAT: 27N

GPA: 3.77
BCPM: 3.83

Interview at: KCUMB, DMU, and OSUCOM

Acceptance: KCUMB, DMU, WVSOM :D

20M

Alright, congratulations!!! docbyxmas. I'm also going to be going to my Touro-CA interview next week and cannot wait to see what happens. If I like it compared to its sister campus Touro-NV, and we're both accepted, we'll both be TUCOM-CA class of 2011. Good luck.

24M Mcat: 8,6,8
GPA:
Undergrad: 3.10
Sciences/Post-bach: 3.66

Secondaries sent out:
TUCOM-CA, TUCOM-NV, MSUCOM (just for fun....most proprietary and difficult secondary that I filled out to date...I think my LOR writer got mad and didn't write his LOR on their proprietary form...oh well :D )
Still deciding on COMP since it is too close to home.

Interviews: TUCOM-NV, TUCOM-CA (next week)
Acceptance: TUCOM-NV, will have to see if TUCOM-CA will like me too.

so either way, if I'm accepted it's TUCOM-(still waiting for designation) Class of 2011.:D

MCAT: 32R
Overall GPA: 3.54
Science GPA: 3.6

Interviews I have gotten so far....
NYCOM, CCOM, WVSOM, TUCOM-NV, TUCOM-MI, UNECOM, Western

plus now also got
DMU

26M (7P,9V,10B)
3.7 science
3.9 overall

Accepted @ KCOM
Upcoming interviews @ KCUMB & DMU