GPA attitudes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tobtolip

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it just me or have others become somewhat neurotic about grades?

Freshmen year: 3.5 and I'll be fine (got 3.65 that semester by the way)

Now: if I get a single B in a semester I get severely depressed, dejected, and neurotic.

I guess this is good and bad. Good that I keep my grades up, bad that itll lead me to do things like study all day + no socializing sigh.

Is this happening to anyone else?

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't worry about it. I graduated with a 3.5 GPA, 29 MCAT, and have had 7 interviews, w/several accepts.

At most of my interviews they seemed interested in the fact that I didn't ever get below a "B" in any course in college, and never repeated a class. Stay out of the B- and C ranges and I think that you will be fine.

Study hard for the MCAT! You will probably have little social life for the 4 months preceeding it, but it will pay off.

On another note, party hard, go out, meet chicks/dudes, and have a good time. That is what college is about! Your grades will matter eventually, but you will never get to be an undergrad again!

I didn't get into Harvard, but I'm going to be a great doctor, who rocked every night during undergrad and loved it!