• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

GPA Calculation, both overall and Pre-req?

Michellita

Nov 11, 2015
  1. Pre-Physical Therapy
    So I'm a bit confused on how to calculate GPA.
    For PT school, do the classes you took at community college get factored into your overall GPA? Like do they add CommCollege GPA stuff along with University GPA? I live in Texas and I'm applying to only Texas schools.

blakn1

Oct 5, 2015
    1. Pre-Physical Therapy
      Hi there,
      My community college classes taken after my undergrad were counted into my "Post Baccalaureate" GPA which combines with my "UnderGrad Cumulative" thus giving you an overall GPA on PTCAS. So yes, on PTCAS, community college courses do count towards your overall GPA.

steveyk

7+ Year Member
      Jul 27, 2011
      1. Physical Therapy Student
        yeah, what starrsgirl said. every single course you took after high school (pretty much) is included in your "cumulative/overall" GPA. Hence, the name!
        and for your pre-req GPA, programs typically calculate it in two ways:
        1) Avg out all of your prerequisite course attempts
        2) Only take the best attempts at each prereq course (so gracious!)

BUT, some programs only allow you to repeat a course once or allow courses taken within the last 5 years, 7 years, 10 years, etc...
        There are so many unique guidelines to every single program, you will have to do some thorough research on the programs you are most interested in.

About the Ads
        This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.