GPA Calculation question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CycleCA

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got some c's my freshman/sophomore year, and then got A's (and all A's) for like 4 years. If I keep getting A's through the next 3 years, do you think that an admissions comittee would take this into consideration when looking at my application? Like, at one time I wasn't as serious a student and then changed? Ever hear of anyone getting into med school or a DO-med school with this kind of background? (Assuming test scores, EC's, research, etc aren't being considered, right now)

Members don't see this ad.

I got some c's my freshman/sophomore year, and then got A's (and all A's) for like 4 years. If I keep getting A's through the next 3 years, do you think that an admissions comittee would take this into consideration when looking at my application? Like, at one time I wasn't as serious a student and then changed? Ever hear of anyone getting into med school or a DO-med school with this kind of background? (Assuming test scores, EC's, research, etc aren't being considered, right now)

All As for 7 years sounds amazingly impressive - so yeah there's hope

are you an 8th year senior???

Members don't see this ad :)
are you an 8th year senior???

The question I knew someone would ask. I traveled around a lot for the first 5 years after HS while attending school and working part time, went to like 5 colleges. Then, I settled down and did 2 years of prereq's for a bachelor's program and now I'm in the 2nd year of that program. After it's done, I have another year or so of prereq's. I'm definitely a super senior.

The question I knew someone would ask. I traveled around a lot for the first 5 years after HS while attending school and working part time, went to like 5 colleges. Then, I settled down and did 2 years of prereq's for a bachelor's program and now I'm in the 2nd year of that program. After it's done, I have another year or so of prereq's. I'm definitely a super senior.

Thats okay, not everyone goes the typical route. However, I think that you should have posted this question here