GPA CALCULATION

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GetBackOnTrack

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,
I am a bit confused using the AMCASGPA Calculator so any clarification would be a great help.

What is the "Quality Points"? I do realize that the points drop when I click to choose that the class is based on Quarter system. I attended an UC so all of my classes were in quarter system. However, my transcript listed all my classes' points as if they are in semester system. This point does change my GPA a bit so I just need to make sure.

For ex: A 3 unit class in semester system has Quality Points of 12, whereas the same class in quarter system has Quality Points of 8. This point does change my GPA a lot

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Sounds like you credit hours to me

Reactions: 1 user
Hello all,
I am a bit confused using the AMCASGPA Calculator so any clarification would be a great help.

What is the "Quality Points"? I do realize that the points drop when I click to choose that the class is based on Quarter system. I attended an UC so all of my classes were in quarter system. However, my transcript listed all my classes' points as if they are in semester system. This point does change my GPA a bit so I just need to make sure.

For ex: A 3 unit class in semester system has Quality Points of 12, whereas the same class in quarter system has Quality Points of 8. This point does change my GPA a lot
It shouldn't be that bad calculating GPA using that. Simply follow the steps.

Omg I had the same problem with the worksheet too. With the check marks on the Quarter column, my GPA is around 3.3 but... it’s only 3.1 on the real scale