Gpa Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bubbajones

BIG TEX
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I was wondering if yall can help me. At my school you can retake classes and they give you a seperate GPA, but the original GPA remains on the transcript. So say if I had a 3.5 after I retook classes, but had a 3.0 as my original GPA which does the med school look at? How dows the AMCAS calculate it?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
bubba,

regardless of your school's retake policy, AMCAS will calculate your GPA based on every class you've taken: whether it's a class repeated or a class "deleted" (as it is classified by most colleges).

i retook an art class which i had previously gotten a C in :) and in the end, got an A. AMCAS calculated both grades into my GPA.

i'm not sure as to how medical schools view classes that are retaken. in my case, they probably wouldn't give a $hit about a low grade in an art class but they might if it were a pre-med class.

anyway, i hope that helped a bit

you take the anti-log of the two grades, raise it to its own power, integrate the expression, and then divide by its least common odd denominator...its all quite simple