GPA just verified and i wanna punch someone in the face

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

seunglim87

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
[edit]

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
hello everyone, I am just kidding about punching someone, i am not a violent person, i am a lover. I am just here to vent a lil bit. Ive written couple threads about my situation before, but here i go again.
I've e-submitted on july 7th, but my gpa got verified just yesterday. (the transcript, LOR, DAT score were all in in june) is it common for them to take literally a month to do this? and mailing date is yet to be determined, sigh...
I knew I had bad GPA but i didnt think it was going to be this bad. In my school, B+ is 3.5 and C+ is 2.5, but i realized AADSAS calculate them as 3.33 and 2.33. Also, I failed two courses, took them again and received an A and a B+. My school doesnt calculate F towards GPA as long as it have been taken again. So i knew the calculated GPA would be lower than on my transcript( which is 3.0) but it was a lot lower. I majored in Economics and minored in biological sciences. I dont even have upwards trend, it has been just fluctuating through out my whole undergrad years.
BCP 2.72
Science 2.8
non-science 2.92
total 2.86

To be honest, I almost gave up going to dental school, but decided to take DAT first before i give up. After studying very hard for 2 months, I received amazing scores that i wasnt expecting, so my hope was up again.
AA23/TS25/PAT23
(Bio22, chem 30, OC 26, RC 18, QR 18)

I applied to 1yr biomedical science masters program with my DAT,and luckly i got in and will be attending this upcoming fall.
I will be taking Fundamentals of Biomedical Sciences, Oral Microbiology, Principles of Toxicology, Metallic Systems Dental Biomaterials, and Dental Seminar, and i put them in my AADSAS application.
Time for me to buckle down and give all i've got.
and i also applied to dental schools as well because i didnt wanna have a gap year.
I applied to NYU, Columbia, UMDNJ, PITT, Virginia, Maryland, USC, Temple, Tufts, and Buffalo.

So yeah, it seems like i wont be getting any interview until i get the grade from my masters. :xf:

I was in a extremely similar spot as you last year but with a high gpa little over 3.5. for sci & non sci. 3.6 but in my school i had a 3.8 something for cum. gpa. b/c B+, C+ or ANy + count as .23 instead of .3 & lol little lower dat than yours. except for QR

so here is the solution: what i did was i went to my registrar and sent a transcript to every single school that i have applied to. :D

I wrote a 1.5 paragraph letter stating that here is the correct gpa calculated from my school and there might be a mistake on aadsas gpa calc. and a lot of schools emailed me back stating that they have received my updated and thanked me for it.
only one or 2 said they dont care. so do that. I got many interviews + acceptances. good luck bro

Those DAT scores are rockin'. Make sure you get a 3.8+ in your MS program and collect some LORs. Apply within 1st week of AADSAS opening up and you should be GOOD next year. DATs are valid for 2 years according to many schools. But if you get something this year, it'll be awesome. Heck, even send in an academic update in mid-December and see if they'll look at your 1st semester in your MS program (hope for a 4.0). If they review it in Jan, you might get some interviews Feb-April and might even get in this cycle. Best of luck.

-Kitty

Members don't see this ad :)
You do be careful; mirrors tend to shatter easily.

I was in a extremely similar spot as you last year but with a high gpa little over 3.5. for sci & non sci. 3.6 but in my school i had a 3.8 something for cum. gpa. b/c B+, C+ or ANy + count as .23 instead of .3 & lol little lower dat than yours. except for QR

Hey thanks for the advice, but I think we are in the exact opposite situation? Your school counts +s lower than .33, so AADSAS GPA should've been higher than your transcript, but my school counts +s as .5. so it is right that my GPA is lower. I wasn't complaining that AADSAS might have made mistake on my calculation. I was just saying I suck.
op, you going to UMDNJ GSBS?

Yes. I am excited. Even just a couple months ago (before my DAT) I felt i was at a deadend and there was no way out, but now I have hope! I almost forgot the joy of working hard and getting a good grade since highschool, but now I am ready to try my best!
You do be careful; mirrors tend to shatter easily.
Oh yeah Doc, I am not sure if you remember, but you critiqued my PS for the Masters. Thank you I got in!!

Hey thanks for the advice, but I think we are in the exact opposite situation? Your school counts +s lower than .33, so AADSAS GPA should’ve been higher than your transcript, but my school counts +s as .5. so it is right that my GPA is lower. I wasn’t complaining that AADSAS might have made mistake on my calculation. I was just saying I suck.

Yes. I am excited. Even just a couple months ago (before my DAT) I felt i was at a deadend and there was no way out, but now I have hope! I almost forgot the joy of working hard and getting a good grade since highschool, but now I am ready to try my best!

Oh yeah Doc, I am not sure if you remember, but you critiqued my PS for the Masters. Thank you I got in!!

no my bad mine does B+3.5 C+ 2.5 etc... itss A, B+, B, C+, C, D, F

cool ill see you there. im still figuring out which classes to register for, but it looks like you already have that under control :thumbup:
well these are the classes that i want to take, but did you check out the schedule of classes? it is odd that it only shows the beginning and the ending date for the classes, but doesnt actually show what days the classes will meet. anyways we will figure that out during the orientation on the 16th. I've heard so many success stories from this program and i am very optimistic. Anyways, did you hear from the financial office yet? i sent everything in about a month ago, but they said it will take a lil longer. I am starting to get a lil worried cuz there is no way i will b able to attend without the loan:(