• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

GPA Needed to get into DO

bastee_guy

10+ Year Member
Jan 31, 2005
    Hey, im new to SDN and was wondering if people could tell me what GPA's avg, and lowest known gpas that get into DO schools (just so I can assess myself compared to the avg). Also, can DO's practice in Canada since we do not have DO schools here??

thanks

JohnDO

MS III
    7+ Year Member
    15+ Year Member
    Oct 14, 2003
      You don't need to know the lowest to assess your chances, all you need is the average. I hope this is not another, "how low can I go and still squeak by" thread, because adcoms will see your trends on your transcript. Nonetheless, as with allopathic schools, the better your MCAT, the more 'loose' your GPA can be. GPA trends are also taken into account.

You can't make an accurate assessment about your chances with your GPA alone. An applicant is more than a GPA.

The ideal stats, imo, are >3.5 with 28+ MCAT.

JMC_MarineCorps

Primum non nocere
      10+ Year Member
      15+ Year Member
        bastee_guy said:
        Hey, im new to SDN and was wondering if people could tell me what GPA's avg, and lowest known gpas that get into DO schools (just so I can assess myself compared to the avg). Also, can DO's practice in Canada since we do not have DO schools here??

thanks

Your pulse and your government loans will suffice. Congratulations and welcome to the class of 2009.

About the Ads

OSUdoc08

Membership Revoked
        Removed
        15+ Year Member
        Sep 30, 2003
        1. Medical Student
          bastee_guy said:

thanks

Average GPAs range from 3.2-3.8
          Average MCATs range from 24-30

People can get admitted with below 3.0 GPAs, but people can be rejected with a 4.0 GPA.

DO's can practice in almost all of the Canadian provinces as an MD-equivalent. There may be 1 that doesn't allow it, but I'm not sure which one.

About the Ads
          This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.