GPA Needed to get into DO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bastee_guy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, im new to SDN and was wondering if people could tell me what GPA's avg, and lowest known gpas that get into DO schools (just so I can assess myself compared to the avg). Also, can DO's practice in Canada since we do not have DO schools here??

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

You don't need to know the lowest to assess your chances, all you need is the average. I hope this is not another, "how low can I go and still squeak by" thread, because adcoms will see your trends on your transcript. Nonetheless, as with allopathic schools, the better your MCAT, the more 'loose' your GPA can be. GPA trends are also taken into account.

You can't make an accurate assessment about your chances with your GPA alone. An applicant is more than a GPA.

The ideal stats, imo, are >3.5 with 28+ MCAT.

bastee_guy said:
Hey, im new to SDN and was wondering if people could tell me what GPA's avg, and lowest known gpas that get into DO schools (just so I can assess myself compared to the avg). Also, can DO's practice in Canada since we do not have DO schools here??

thanks

Your pulse and your government loans will suffice. Congratulations and welcome to the class of 2009.

Members don't see this ad :)
bastee_guy said:

thanks

Average GPAs range from 3.2-3.8
Average MCATs range from 24-30

People can get admitted with below 3.0 GPAs, but people can be rejected with a 4.0 GPA.

DO's can practice in almost all of the Canadian provinces as an MD-equivalent. There may be 1 that doesn't allow it, but I'm not sure which one.

and im assuming the MCAT is 100% necessary right? (sorry, i know this is a dumb question....but i stress again...im new to this site) :)

bastee_guy said:
and im assuming the MCAT is 100% necessary right? (sorry, i know this is a dumb question....but i stress again...im new to this site) :)

oh yes