GPA on AADSAS vs. GPA on transcript

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kittyone16

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

Can someone please tell me why my transcript GPA is so much higher than the AADSAS one? I checked my calculations so many times and didn't see any mistakes. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

kittyone16 said:
Hello all,

Can someone please tell me why my transcript GPA is so much higher than the AADSAS one? I checked my calculations so many times and didn't see any mistakes. Thank you.

If you repeated a Class that you got a D or F on they still count that D even if your school doesn't count it.

teefRcool said:
If you repeated a Class that you got a D or F on they still count that D even if your school doesn't count it.

Bingo. AADSAS has some picky little rules that are designed to take everything, and I do mean everything, into account so as to establish a fair bar by which to judge everyone. Dental schools will look at both gpa's and if there is a huge discrepancy I'm sure they'll look over your transcripts to determine what is going on. Just about everyone's gpa as calculated by AADSAS, including mine, was lower than what was printed on their transcript.