GPA on the AADSAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DentPursuer88

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if the classes that I took at a community college would have an affect on my GPA in the future?

I had a 4.0 at the CC. If I go to the university, and still get a 4.0, will AADSAS lower my GPA because it's a CC? Sorry for my ignorance. I apologize ahead of time. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

how exactly can it lower that? 4.0 = all As. Thus by lowering your GPA, AADSAS will majically transform an A to a B? Then again, I might be the ignorant one...

I was wondering if the classes that I took at a community college would have an affect on my GPA in the future?

I had a 4.0 at the CC. If I go to the university, and still get a 4.0, will AADSAS lower my GPA because it's a CC? Sorry for my ignorance. I apologize ahead of time. Thanks

AADSAS application itself does not take into this in consideration. It does NOT automatically lower your GPA because your grades aren't from a 4-year college.

However, each dental school might look at your GPA more cautiously during the application review. There have been several heated discussions here on SDN regarding how dental schools distinguish (or not distinguish) students from different institutions. You should search for these threads.

Anyway, it looks like you worked hard in the environment that you were given in, so congratulations! good luck! :):D:cool:

thank you for your help and advice. I appreciate the compliment. I understand what you mean now.