GPA Requirements for Bryn Mawr

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thenewgre

Test Prep Exhibitor
Vendor
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I would say 3.6 to have any type of a shot. But Goucher, Bryn Mawr, etc look for uniqueness, and even 4.0s get rejected.

Members don't see this ad :)
is it hard to get into those linkage schools from bm?
do they look at undergrad grades or only the grades that you get from BM

Hey,

thanks for the reply. Would you happen to know what Extracurricular Activities one could to do to ameliorate their application to a school like Bryn Mawr? Also, what other post-baccs are good with large amounts of linkage agreements?

thanks
I got accepted to BM with a 3.76 undergrad GPA. My ACT (never took SAT) score was mid-range, not steller. My extracurricular activities involved volunteering for hospice and habitat for humanity as well as being in the Peace Corps health educator for two years. I also had a "real" job after college. I know another guy who got in who had no real medical experience, but I'm sure his GPA and standarized test scores are extremely high. Its all a crap shoot to be honest, I got into some great schools and never even got an interview for other schools. Apply EARLY. I decided not to go to BM and am at JHU mostly because I felt better about the interview I had with JHU and am not interested in linkages. Hope this helps.

Hey guys,

I wanted to know the GPA's of the students that got accepted into Bryn Mawr's Post Bacc Program.

Thanks...

I am a Bryn Mawr postbac. I will say that I know for certain you do not need a 3.6 to have 'any type of a shot;' high GPAs are common, but there is no golden number you'll want to have achieved. The difficulty of your undergraduate curriculum/school reputation for difficulty will be taken into consideration.

As far as extracurriculars, Bryn Mawr loves volunteers. We have many Peace Corps alumni, as well as former Teach of America folks. Me personally: I was a medic for a cycling team, an EMT in Washington, D.C., and I worked managing clinical trials for the NIH after college.

Last edited:
is it hard to get into those linkage schools from bm?
do they look at undergrad grades or only the grades that you get from BM

We have linkages in three seasons -- you can link to Temple, Jefferson, Penn or Drexel in late October of your postbac year (so, pretty early). The other schools are spread out between December and March of your postbac year.

How hard it is depends on where you want to go. Some schools accept only a few from consort, others accept much more readily.

Last edited:
NewmansOwn - those are all conditional acceptances, correct? Wouldn't they look at your MCATS as well (those who require it)?

NewmansOwn - those are all conditional acceptances, correct? Wouldn't they look at your MCATS as well (those who require it)?

Yes. Depending on the school, they have varying minimum GPAs and MCAT scores you must achieve while at Bryn Mawr in order to keep your acceptance.

Last edited: