GPA Score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sam74

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi there,

i just got my GPA and it is 1.9,,, i have been studying NBDE 1 for 5 months and i will give the exam in jan this year,,, im wondering is there is any possibility that i can move on with this way and get accepted with this GPA ??

please advice honestly

Members don't see this ad.

hi there,

i just got my GPA and it is 1.9,,, i have been studying NBDE 1 for 5 months and i will give the exam in jan this year,,, im wondering is there is any possibility that i can move on with this way and get accepted with this GPA ??

please advice honestly
HONESTLY ,no one can tell you donn't apply because your GPA is a little low each candidate here has his or her diff story and each schoo has its area of interest and they think about candidate as pakage every thing has a weight but there are some schools are really picky about GPA I think UOP and NYU NOT SURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOOD LUCK

Hi Sam74,
dont worry about GPA.Try to make up for it with good scores in NBDE,try to get work experience and some real good recommendation letters from US.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey sam
you cant change your gpa
so try to work on your other scores
like the toefl and part 1 and 2
do some volunteering and apply
well nyu will not give you chance at all
but try bu, the florida schools and the california
well try all the schools that havent mentioned any gpa requirement
good luck

Try having your credentials evaluated by another service, and not ECE. Some schools still accept GPA evaluated by WES and AACRAO (Loma Linda and Colorado, for sure) and they usually give you a higher GPA.

Do your homework and look for those schools, as some will tell you they only accept GPA from ECE and give you the minimum GPA you have to have to apply to their program, which, I remember seeing in some websites, is 2.0.

Good luck!!!

Thank u all of the encouraging words,

I'm working on NBDE now and hopefully i will get something over 88, and i have 8 years experience as dentist but outside of US.

good luck to all

hiiii everyone.....my gpa is a bit low its 2.77........my bds aggregate for 4 years was around 61%....still i manage only 2.77....one of my friend has 60% and her gpa is 3.02, and another has 58% and his gpa is 2.72...y ther is sooooo much of discripency in the scores... is there any chances tat ECE people has done some mistake while evaluating my grades(human error)......any suggestions guys....

Hi Friends .......
Have a query ... I have an ECE GPA of 3.3 for BDS & 2.0 for MDS.
Will that make an adverse effect on my application ????? :(

I have been waiting for interview calls from NYU & BU for last 2 months but nothing yet. Started wondering if low GPA in MDS could be the reason for it. :confused::confused::confused::confused:

NBDE 1 score is 87 & TOEFL is 111.
5 year teaching experience.
Wrote dissertation during MDS.
2 Publications in National journal & 4 paper presentations at conferences.

Any suggestions ????????
Thanks in advance :)

Hi Friends .......
Have a query ... I have an ECE GPA of 3.3 for BDS & 2.0 for MDS.
Will that make an adverse effect on my application ????? :(

I have been waiting for interview calls from NYU & BU for last 2 months but nothing yet. Started wondering if low GPA in MDS could be the reason for it. :confused::confused::confused::confused:

NBDE 1 score is 87 & TOEFL is 111.
5 year teaching experience.
Wrote dissertation during MDS.
2 Publications in National journal & 4 paper presentations at conferences.

Any suggestions ????????
Thanks in advance :)
hiiii ashu75....u r an ideal candidate for admission, ur stats r good, even though ur MDS is a bit low, i think it wont affect ur application, it vl only be a positive point for u, coz u hav done ur masters and have 5 yrs experience too....u can get a call anytime....and do apply to columbia university as they give preference to ppl who have done MDS....all da best

Hey Aligner ....
Thanks for d motivation, however d confusion still continues.
Things havn't been going as planned .... so confidence level is down.:(

Will definitely apply 2 Columbia .... do u have any idea if its a 2 or 3 year course ??? And any hints about d number of seats available & d fee structure???
Read 2006 - 07 bulletin of Clumbia univ & it stated its a 2 & half year course , starting in January ..... BUT d website says it starts in August.

In d mean while, planning 2 appear for Part 2 asap. Let's c how things go ???? Thanks again 4 all d help. All d very best 2 u & hopefully we'll get 2 our goals & soon. :thumbup:

Hey Aligner ....

Will definitely apply 2 Columbia .... do u have any idea if its a 2 or 3 year course ??? And any hints about d number of seats available & d fee structure???
Read 2006 - 07 bulletin of Clumbia univ & it stated its a 2 & half year course , starting in January ..... BUT d website says it starts in August.

In d mean while, planning 2 appear for Part 2 asap. Let's c how things go ???? Thanks again 4 all d help. All d very best 2 u & hopefully we'll get 2 our goals & soon. :thumbup:
THERE are 1 or two seats in COLUMBIA don't wast your money and the other more painful thing is waiting to an answer I know what you are talking about and you can email them and ask good luck

hi ,
i have the same situation , do u got any suggestion ? can we ask the ECE for reevaluation ?

hi ,
u have to give a written request to ECE for reevaluation.....and if ur application is more than 6 months old, they vl charge u 60$ reactivation fee...

Dear Ashu75

Columbia university Adv DDS is for 3 yrs. Kindly confirm with the admissions office. space based (3-4 seets every yr).

They also look for high scores. (a fresher with 95 got accepted last yr).
MDS will definitely help you in gettin accepted to some dental school.
Which dept did u do ur MDS?

I have atleast 2-3 frnds with MDS with better scores and gpa's than you and havnt got an interview at BU/nyu or havnt heard aftr an interview.
Being an MDS myself, I was waitlisted at many schools (3) this yr. Same with some of my frnds with MDS.

Im nt discouragin u. bUT Be aware of the facts and shape urself accordingly. stay positive and be patient.

All the best.
------------------------
BU 2011 :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Hey Aligner ....