MacdaddyDaniels

5+ Year Member
Jul 17, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
I am about to start my sophmore year and I am just wondering on average how much do Pre-Med students GPA change after freshmen year. I have a 3.9 right now. Is it common for people to stay at about the GPA they establish during their first few semesters, or does it ushually drop a couple tenths of a point? I know classes will get harder, but is that always reflected in GPA

OP
M

MacdaddyDaniels

5+ Year Member
Jul 17, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
if it helps to estimate. I have taken trig, precalc, calc 1, chem 1 and 2 w/ labs, bio 1 with lab, psychology, nutrition, 2 semesters of english, class to get certified as an EMR (sort of like an EMT), and a history class. Which comes out to 50 credit hours with the AP credits I had.

eez

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 6, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
Good start. Don't worry about others' GPA some people go from a 3.2 to 3.8 and vice versa. You got a good one so far so keep up the good work and take every class seriously and you'll be fine.

All the best

Mattabet

Doctor Thunder
10+ Year Member
Jun 8, 2008
Somewhere in SE Wisconsin
Status
Medical Student
I think that's a good start Mac. It's hard to draw any sweeping generalizations about overall GPA trends, but if you can do two semesters in college, there's not much reason to believe that you can't do six more. You'll probably have some that are worse, and you may do better, but the level of work expected shouldn't change much from year to year.