GPA trend

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jozloo

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys

I just finished my freshman year at my UC and didn't do so hot. My sci GPA is around 3.0 because I was really sick the whole year :oops:

I'm hoping to do really well in sophomore and junior years and have an upward trend :p .

What i'm confused about is that when adcom looks at each year's grade, is the grade from classes the summer after my freshman year counted as freshman year grade or sophmore year grade?

Also i took community college classes before i came to college so do those classes count along with my freshman year grade? Also, do ALL courses taken in community college count, regardless of what kind of class?

I'm asking because it'll make a very big difference.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys

I just finished my freshman year at my UC and didn't do so hot. My sci GPA is around 3.0 because I was really sick the whole year :oops:

I'm hoping to do really well in sophomore and junior years and have an upward trend :p .

What i'm confused about is that when adcom looks at each year's grade, is the grade from classes the summer after my freshman year counted as freshman year grade or sophmore year grade?

Also i took community college classes before i came to college so do those classes count along with my freshman year grade? Also, do ALL courses taken in community college count, regardless of what kind of class?

I'm asking because it'll make a very big difference.

Thanks
I think it's counted as sophmore year, but someone more familiar with AMCAS could be sure, I'm a TMDSAS guy. As for CC, I don't have a clue.

All your CC credits will count.

I don't remember about whether the summer classes go with the year before or the year after, but I do remember that it is spelled out in the AMCAS instructions.

Members don't see this ad :)
1) What i'm confused about is that when adcom looks at each year's grade, is the grade from classes the summer after my freshman year counted as freshman year grade or sophmore year grade?

2) Also i took community college classes before i came to college so do those classes count along with my freshman year grade? Also, do ALL courses taken in community college count, regardless of what kind of class?

1) Classes taken during the summer after freshman year count toward sophmore year.
2) ditto~what MM said- All CC courses count.

1) Classes taken during the summer after freshman year count toward sophmore year.
2) ditto~what MM said- All CC courses count.

:thumbup:

psychology

but i've only taken 1 intro to psych class my whole freshman year :oops:

Hi guys

Thanks

Freshman year, didn't make good marks, sick.

Sci at 3.0? Just do better when you're not ill. Does an illness dictate your "physician qualities" - no. Kick ass during the rest of your time at UC - good luck!