GPA troubling me.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

krazydesi

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys I know I talked about this earlier but just was annoying me...

by the end of junior year i hope to have a 3.63 gpa cumulative. My major is industrial engineering but my BCMP gpa is very low. I will have around a 3.35 for BCMP. I just calculated now and two science classes...Is that too low of a gpa for med school for bcmp? Cause i was also considering staying an extra year and picking up a possible bio minor so I can bump up my science gpa. Please help me out on what everyone thinks.

Members don't see this ad.

by the end of junior year i hope to have a 3.63 gpa cumulative. My major is industrial engineering but my BCMP gpa is very low. I will have around a 3.35 for BCMP. I just calculated now and two science classes...Is that too low of a gpa for med school for bcmp? Cause i was also considering staying an extra year and picking up a possible bio minor so I can bump up my science gpa. Please help me out on what everyone thinks.

Score well on the MCAT, have nice EC's with clinical experience, good LORS, a well written PS and you'll be fine. Engineering is a hard major and med schools know this, but you will still need to apply early and broadly. good luck

Nope. As long as the rest of your application is in order go ahead and apply. (you could still stick around for that bio minor if you want though but your GPA won't keep you out of getting into a medical school)

Members don't see this ad :)

It's not a bad average but ADCOMs may look at WHICH classes got lower grades...

If you did well in the required classes (Intro Bio, Gen Chem, Organic, Intro Physics) you should be ok. Are there any classes in particular bringing down the average?

I have gotten basically A-'s or A's in all my science classes thus far except two classes in which I got a C+ which were both physics. Physics I and Physics II. Its just its a very hard course at my college and because I had a lot of family things going on which required me to go home a lot (tax season) that I couldn't devote my full time to it. My father went abroad for 2 years and during both times I took physics was tax season for his business's and since I know all the stuff about business I went home a lot to take care of that kind of stuff because my mom didn't know much about it. So my weekends (atleast every other) was gone from going home.