GPA Verified. P/F courses not counted?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Friendster

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi friends,

I have a quick question. My GPA got verified today (E-submitted 7/3), and I noticed that for the semesters where I took a P/F course its credit hours are not included in the total number of credit hours for that semester.

For example: I was a TA for a semester which counted as two credits. I thought it should have been 16 credits for that semester, but AADSAS verified it as 14 credits.

Is this normal for everyone? I know that P/F courses does not affect the GPA, but I am not sure if it also effects the credit hours.

Also, if this is normal will the semesters that was affected by this change have the admissions committee seem like my coursework was not a lot? I now have semesters with 13 credits and 14 credits due to AADSAS not counting P/F credits.

I appreciate everyone's time, Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

P/F courses don't count toward total credit hours because it'll mess up the GPA calculation in the end. It's normal for everybody, I have two P/F courses and both did not count into my total credit hour calculation.

I'm sure adcoms will look at your file thoroughly to see what you've done each semester, coursewise.

I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Reactions: 1 user
P/F courses don't count toward total credit hours because it'll mess up the GPA calculation in the end. It's normal for everybody, I have two P/F courses and both did not count into my total credit hour calculation.

I'm sure adcoms will look at your file thoroughly to see what you've done each semester, coursewise.

I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Thank you!