GPR/AEGD folks....actually any residents.....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
M

MsPurtell

as part of your duties are you ever expected to sit and suction for another provider or to clean the operatory? We are being asked to do this at my GPR and I want to find out if this is typical.

Members don't see this ad.

As an AEGD resident....no. I would however offer to clean the room if the assistant was working hard with someone else and running behind (but I offered, it was not expected). As a Pedo resident....yes. We are so understaffed is hurts.

as part of your duties are you ever expected to sit and suction for another provider or to clean the operatory? We are being asked to do this at my GPR and I want to find out if this is typical.

NO WAY! One of the things I really like about my GPR is that they treat us like doctors, not dental students. One time an assistant asked me if I could run a radiograph for her. My program director overheard her ask me that and she got a stern talking to.
Another time I asked our program director if he had a 3-hole punch. He said, "what do you need that for?" I said, "so I can add this note to the chart." He said, "that's not your job. Leave that for the office staff."