1. What do you find most helpful? Give us your feedback on the 2019 SDN Member Survey to help further the SDN mission (and win prizes!)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

GPR/AEGD folks....actually any residents.....

Discussion in 'Dental Residents and Practicing Dentists' started by MsPurtell, Mar 15, 2007.

1. MsPurtell

MsPurtell Guest

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    as part of your duties are you ever expected to sit and suction for another provider or to clean the operatory? We are being asked to do this at my GPR and I want to find out if this is typical.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. FireDancer

FireDancer New Member
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    As an AEGD resident....no. I would however offer to clean the room if the assistant was working hard with someone else and running behind (but I offered, it was not expected). As a Pedo resident....yes. We are so understaffed is hurts.

3. dc-10

dc-10 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

NO WAY! One of the things I really like about my GPR is that they treat us like doctors, not dental students. One time an assistant asked me if I could run a radiograph for her. My program director overheard her ask me that and she got a stern talking to.
    Another time I asked our program director if he had a 3-hole punch. He said, "what do you need that for?" I said, "so I can add this note to the chart." He said, "that's not your job. Leave that for the office staff."