GPR at Jamaica medical center

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

healthy teeth

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anybody have an idea how is the GPR program at Jamaica medical center, Queens?

Members don't see this ad.

Nobody knows about Jamaica medical center??

Make sure you put on your Kevlar vest each day before work . . .

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anybody have an idea how is the GPR program at Jamaica medical center, Queens?

A friend of mine completed the GPR program there, and got a variety of cases including implants, pros, and ortho. Like most GPR programs, you have to take call once in a while. It's close to JFK, so the daily commute from manhattan might be a bit of challenge.

Nice Chairman and Direstor. Lots of cases, and fairly modern clinic. Area has nothing to offer, and commute from manhattan is tough, better to live in Queens. Parking tough. Good experience for a small hospital.

I second the notion for a Kevlar vest. And whatever happens, don't hang out at the LIRR Jamaica station after 8pm. Simply an anecdote, but take it for what it's worth.

JH has a farely new clinic, the attending staff is mostly volunteer, Dr. Saks is no joke. He has a JD and is an Oral Surgeon.

Personally, the commute can be a small challenge.

Have you heard of other GP programs?
Some of the smaller programs are easier to get to. I hear that Harlem, Lincoln, Metropolitian, Jacobi may be looking for residents. As a resident there you have the CIR.( union) I am not sure if Jamaica has one.