GPR resident wanted in ALBANY,NY $$$

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dental20042004

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
8/22/04 HELLO,

The director of the ST. Peter's Hospital dental clinic (Albany, NY),
DR. Benjamin Graham, is looking for
GPR residents .

The GPR program is a one-year program leading to a certificate.
Although, the program started JULY,
we are seriously looking for 2 applicants
to fill these spots
This is an excellent program with a strong emphasis on a clinical program.
Excellent salary $40,000 with great benefits, etc.

If you know anyone who did not pass the license exam or
someone who might be interested, please let them know to contact

Bythe Thompson, clinical care coordinator or
DR. GRAHAM (1-518-527-7058 )
or 518-525-1757

Thank you
don't hesitate to call
we need you

317 So Manning Blvd, Suite 240
Albany, New York 12208
518-525-1757

Residents receive a broad experience in all of the specialty areas - from pediatric to geriatric dentistry - that will enable them to treat most patients who come to their offices. The General Practice Residency Program provides residents with hands-on training in multiple offices, which are equipped with 8 operatories and state-of-the-art technology. Approximately 120 patients visit the Dental Office at St. Peter's Hospital each week.

The faculty, comprised of dental practitioners from the Capital Region dental community, teach and supervise residents. Attendings monitor the Dental Offices during operating hours.

The Residency Program Director, who oversees the program, is responsible to the Director of Medical Education at St. Peter's Hospital. The program also employs a clinical coordinator and multiple auxiliaries.
Each resident will spend:

four weeks in Anesthesiology
two weeks in the Emergency Department
two weeks in Internal Medicine
In addition to the dental didactic and clinical hours, assignments will be made to various other services in the hospital to help broaden medical knowledge. Residents must attend all assignments, including those that occur on weekends and/or at night.

A rotational on-call for evenings and weekends has been established for the Dental Office and the hospital's Emergency Department. When they are called, residents must see all patients who present themselves to the emergency department. Judgment for treatment can be made at that time, or an attending may be called for consultation.

Patients are accepted for dental care, from diagnosis and treatment planning through final restorative procedures.

Members don't see this ad.

sounds like a nice program.

the only problem...
..is it's in albany.
;)

(kidding)

dental20042004 said:
8/22/04 HELLO,

The director of the ST. Peter's Hospital dental clinic (Albany, NY),
DR. Benjamin Graham, is looking for
GPR residents .

The GPR program is a one-year program leading to a certificate.
Although, the program started JULY,
we are seriously looking for 2 applicants
to fill these spots
This is an excellent program with a strong emphasis on a clinical program.
Excellent salary $40,000 with great benefits, etc.

If you know anyone who did not pass the license exam or
someone who might be interested, please let them know to contact

Bythe Thompson, clinical care coordinator or
DR. GRAHAM (1-518-527-7058 )
or 518-525-1757

Thank you
don't hesitate to call
we need you

317 So Manning Blvd, Suite 240
Albany, New York 12208
518-525-1757

Residents receive a broad experience in all of the specialty areas - from pediatric to geriatric dentistry - that will enable them to treat most patients who come to their offices. The General Practice Residency Program provides residents with hands-on training in multiple offices, which are equipped with 8 operatories and state-of-the-art technology. Approximately 120 patients visit the Dental Office at St. Peter's Hospital each week.

The faculty, comprised of dental practitioners from the Capital Region dental community, teach and supervise residents. Attendings monitor the Dental Offices during operating hours.

The Residency Program Director, who oversees the program, is responsible to the Director of Medical Education at St. Peter's Hospital. The program also employs a clinical coordinator and multiple auxiliaries.
Each resident will spend:

four weeks in Anesthesiology
two weeks in the Emergency Department
two weeks in Internal Medicine
In addition to the dental didactic and clinical hours, assignments will be made to various other services in the hospital to help broaden medical knowledge. Residents must attend all assignments, including those that occur on weekends and/or at night.

A rotational on-call for evenings and weekends has been established for the Dental Office and the hospital's Emergency Department. When they are called, residents must see all patients who present themselves to the emergency department. Judgment for treatment can be made at that time, or an attending may be called for consultation.

Patients are accepted for dental care, from diagnosis and treatment planning through final restorative procedures.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's for a post-grad educational program too. It qualifies for this forum in my book..

toothcaries said:
sounds like a nice program.

the only problem...
..is it's in albany.
;)

I'll do the Albany vouch thing, having grown up about 15 miles North of there :thumbup: You're a 3 hour(or less) ride from New York, Boston, and Montreal. You've got the Saratoga Race Track 30 minutes away in the summer, Lake George(NY) is an hour tops, great skiing within 90 minutes in both the Adirondacks (upstate NY) and the Green Mountains (Vermont), relatively inexpensive cost of living with alot of expanding high tech industry around (there was an article I read in the paper this past week about how the upper Hudson Valley (basically follow the Hudson River South from about 50 miles North of Albany down to Kingston, NY) is fastly emerging as a "Silicon Valley of the Northeast with over a BILLION dollars of recent industrial high tech nano-technology investment happening :wow: This is a great time to get set up in this area, plus after the GPR, you'll then be able to practice in New York ;)

If it wasn't for the fact that it was too far geographically from my in-laws, I can say with 100% certainty that I would have ended up practicing in the Albany area.

i also lived about 15 minutes away from albany when i was a kid (Colonie)..

so..
since i'm former albanian..
..i'm allowed to poke a little fun since i actually did root for the river rats..
:D

(albany IS a great place to live and raise a family btw)
;)

DrJeff said:
I'll do the Albany vouch thing, having grown up about 15 miles North of there :thumbup: You're a 3 hour(or less) ride from New York, Boston, and Montreal. You've got the Saratoga Race Track 30 minutes away in the summer, Lake George(NY) is an hour tops, great skiing within 90 minutes in both the Adirondacks (upstate NY) and the Green Mountains (Vermont), relatively inexpensive cost of living with alot of expanding high tech industry around (there was an article I read in the paper this past week about how the upper Hudson Valley (basically follow the Hudson River South from about 50 miles North of Albany down to Kingston, NY) is fastly emerging as a "Silicon Valley of the Northeast with over a BILLION dollars of recent industrial high tech nano-technology investment happening :wow: This is a great time to get set up in this area, plus after the GPR, you'll then be able to practice in New York ;)

If it wasn't for the fact that it was too far geographically from my in-laws, I can say with 100% certainty that I would have ended up practicing in the Albany area.

toothcaries said:
i also lived about 15 minutes away from albany when i was a kid (Colonie)..

so..
since i'm former albanian..
..i'm allowed to poke a little fun since i actually did root for the river rats..
:D

(albany IS a great place to live and raise a family btw)
;)

Were you a Shaker or a Colonie High person?? I was one of your dreaded school rivals(for either Colonie school), a Shenendehowa Grad :eek: ;) :D

I don't know what Albany was like but my best friend did a residency at St. Lukes, Faxton in UTICA/New Hartford, NY. Talk about a ghost town! Very Scenic and close to outdoor activities but as for the city itself :sleep: - Well, I can't say Sault Ste. Marie is that much better but I am happy here :D

DrJeff said:
Were you a Shaker or a Colonie High person?? I was one of your dreaded school rivals(for either Colonie school), a Shenendehowa Grad :eek: ;) :D

actually Sand Creek Middle School..
(my family moved to ohio before i started high school)
:)

I don't know what Albany was like but my best friend did a residency at St. Lukes, Faxton in UTICA/New Hartford, NY. Talk about a ghost town! Very Scenic and close to outdoor activities but as for the city itself :sleep: - Well, I can't say Sault Ste. Marie is that much better but I am happy here :D

Did she like the program at Faxton?