GPR with more OS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

av91

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Looking for information on Good GPR programs which are heavier in OS.
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Good luck... Finding information about residencies, GPRs and AEGDs in particular, is frustratingly difficult. I think one of the best approaches is to look at where your fellow classmates or upperclassmen went to residency and shoot them an email or fb message to get a first-hand account of the programs.

I heard that Columbia's GPR program is good for OS experience

Members don't see this ad :)
I went to Rutgers GPR, it has an awesome OMFS experience

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Last edited:
I went to Rutgers GPR, it has a awesome OMFS experience

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
not sure about that "MF" experience as a GPR...

one of our OS residents did a GPR at UT San Antonio prior to matriculating and had a good OS experience during his year there. Lots of implant surgery, impactions, plus a solid rotation with the OS dept. there. Had a leg up on us guys who came straight out of dental school, especially on the wards.

M

Reactions: 1 users
Kings county hospital. GPR take first call on face trauma, real knife and gun club sh**. Point and pull clinic sees maybe 60-70 pts a day, you'll pull more teeth than you can handle.

Reactions: 2 users
many VA GPR's do a lot of dentoalveolar and pre-prosthetic surgeries, will see a good bit of cancer as well

But another question is, are you looking for OS for the GP or OS as a stepping stone?

Last edited:
Check out dental town if you haven't yet. Tons of GPs doing their own iv sed, impacted thirds, sinus lifts, ridge augmentations, ect. Maybe some advice from those guys would be handy.

UCLA GPR! Very hospital-based. You'll take out a lot of teeth and do other dentoalveolar. You can always go shadow OMFS in the OR too.