Gpr

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

att3

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I am interested in doing a GPR program but not really sure if the NBDE part 2 scores matter a lot in the application process.I am a foreign trained dentist currently doing DDS program. I will graduate in 2012. I got 76% in part 2 and 91 in part 1. I applied to retake the part 2 last year and am giving my exam next month. I checked out the ADEA website and did not find any info about the importance of part 2 in the application process. Any inputs will be appreciated.
I am in 2 minds about giving my part 2 again. When the boards become pass/fail in 2012 my score will not really matter. But would the score per se be reviewed in the GPR application process?
Thanks in advance
Confused dental student

Members don't see this ad.

75 views and not one person knows if PART 2 is important for gpr or not?
please guys i need to know if i should retake the exam and get a good score.

75 views and not one person knows if PART 2 is important for gpr or not?
please guys i need to know if i should retake the exam and get a good score.

From what I understood, many programs do not receive their resident's Part II scores until after they've matched. And at that point they just want to make sure the student passed. They seem to place greater importance on the Part I score. Therefore, I believe you should be fine because you scored very well on your Part I. I would recommend you do not retake Part II. There's a very good chance you may fail it on your second try.

Members don't see this ad :)
The previous posting is correct, Part 1 scores are more important because Part 2 scores are not always available before the Match. With that said, a reported low score on Part 2 will not enhance an application.

thank you very much for your replies.