• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Grad courses taken during UG apply to GPA?

pretysmitty

5+ Year Member
Nov 7, 2015
A bit confused about the rules on this. I took a grad level course that was NOT counted towards my degree, however it appears on my transcript. My university does not include it in their GPA calculation and indicates it as a separate "Graduate GPA". Because the course did not count towards my degree, will it be included in my AMCAS GPA?

gonnif

Rule One: Take a Breath
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
  1. Non-Student
A bit confused about the rules on this. I took a grad level course that was NOT counted towards my degree, however it appears on my transcript. My university does not include it in their GPA calculation and indicates it as a separate "Graduate GPA". Because the course did not count towards my degree, will it be included in my AMCAS GPA?
It will not be included in your undergraduate GPA. It will be included in a graduate GPA

Reactions: 1 user

pretysmitty

5+ Year Member
Nov 7, 2015
I see, thanks for the clarification.

I happened to get a B in the course, and it was my only grad level course. No one's gonna look down upon a 3.0 grad gpa if it's only one course, right? I wouldn't think so, but just want to clarify haha

About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.