GRAD DEGREE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hassan148

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have like 3.5 non science and a 3.6 science, mcat of 30. I know I want to end up at medical school, but I also want a masters from Harvard, Yale, what are my chances of getting in to there public health schools. Anyone have any stats. Thanks for the help.

Members don't see this ad.

I have an 3.5 non-science GPA and a 3.6 science GPA from X School and I scored a 30 on the MCAT. While I know I want to end up at medical school, I also want to try to receive a degree in public health from a school like Harvard or Yale beforehand. Does anyone have any stats from these schools? Thanks in advance for the help.

I have an 3.5 non-science GPA and a 3.6 science GPA from UT- Austin School and I scored a 30 on the MCAT. While I know I want to end up at medical school, I also want to try to receive a degree in public health from a school like Harvard or Yale beforehand. Does anyone have any stats from these schools? Thanks in advance for the help. P.S thanks for fixing it very sleep.

Members don't see this ad :)
I already got my MPH and you can't get into Harvard/Hopkins without work experience for 3 years...hope that helps

I know that GU and Hopkins both have one year masters programs and they encourage you to apply to med school while you take the program.

I went to the Harvard School of Public Health and obtained a 2 year Master's. I only had 1 year of work experience before attending, but the majority of the students had worked for several years before applying. I know of only a few who were straight out of undergrad. I really have no idea about the stats of my classmates, but I can tell you that the MS in Epi program is pretty small -- like maybe 12 or so people in each entering class. They told us they had lots of applicants, but I have no idea of the stats of people who got rejected. Maybe I'm biased, but I think it's quite a bit easier, academically, to get into the Yale School of Public Health. It is not that highly ranked (whatever the rankings mean), and I know someone who got in with a less than stellar GPA. As far as I know, all accredited MPH programs are 2 years unless you already have an advanced or professional degree. Oh, and you can't get an MPH at Harvard unless you have an advanced or professional degree. You have to go the MS route.