Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

grad school vs. work

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by the moose, Aug 5, 2002.

1. the moose

the moose Member
    7+ Year Member

Which do you think is better to do to improve your application, going to grad school to do public health or physiology or something like that, or working for a year in the health field?

2. spunk11

spunk11 Wishing for PCOM
    7+ Year Member

I think that it depends on what part of your application is lacking...is your undergraduate GPA/science GPA low? Is your health related experience minimal? Just my thoughts...

:) SPUNKY

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. DoctorDoogie4

DoctorDoogie4 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I agree with Spunk...it depends on your application and what is lacking. Personally, I think anyone can get ample experience if they do the reccomendations that AACOM tells prospective applicants to do in order to apply for D.O. schools (be diverse, shadow a D.O. physician). As for academics, be ready for a tough ride. Some, rather most, graduate programs are very tough and are very similar to first year medical school classes. Hope this helps.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...