Grade calculation: Took both Genetics w/lab and Genetics without lab?????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JapaneseSakura

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took Genetics with lab and Genetics without lab. I took the genetics without lab course because it was a prerequisite for a course when I was enrolled in a community college. How would DO's count this? I know genetics with lab counts, not sure about without. I've been wondering about this for some time now.

Members don't see this ad.

I took Genetics with lab and Genetics without lab. I took the genetics without lab course because it was a prerequisite for a course when I was enrolled in a community college. How would DO's count this? I know genetics with lab counts, not sure about without. I've been wondering about this for some time now.

I think it will depend on how you coded it. If you coded them as separate classes, they should calculate it like any other class. If you listed the second as a retake, and it was for as many, or more, credits as the first class, they should just take the second class as the grade. If there was something more complicated, like a separate lab and class grade, or the second class was worth less credits than the first, than you might need to explain a bit more before you can get a good answer.

also, if genetics without lab was the retake, it won't count at all.