Grade Changed after AMCAS submitted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

surfbro

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
My issue is this:
After finals my profs went on vacation, this is when I submitted my AMCAS with the current grades, but apparently two of my classes were misgraded and everybody should have been bumped up a letter grade(2 B+ to 2 As). I have already submitted my AMCAS(July 5) but it is still in line for review. What can I do? This brings my GPA up by 0.05, 3.66 to 3.71. Can I send schools updated transcripts directly? even before the secondaries are in?
help

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
ur gonna have to call AAMC on monday morning, hold for an hour, and then jus ask...in the mean time get ur transcript sent to aamc again...

heh, that sucks man. A similar thing happened to me. The best bet is calling AMCAS Monday morning. Once your application becomes verified, an option in the main menu turns on called "Academic Change Request". You'll also get an email saying:

You are required to review your verified course work and GPA. If you find discrepancies, or you disagree with changes made during the verification process, you are responsible for submitting an Academic Change Request within ten days from the date AMCAS processing is complete. The Academic Change Request option is available on the right side of the Main Menu. Please read the online help text for more information about the Academic Change Request process.
However, when you click on the Academic Change Request link, the next page says:

Complete this form to request re-verification of your academic information. Please review AMCAS GPA policies, corrections by AMCAS to your Academic Record, and your own computations before contacting AMCAS regarding GPA discrepancies. AMCAS will not make corrections based on information which becomes available after the initial submission of your materials or modify current/future ("CC") coursework.
It would definitely be a good idea to try and have those grades changed before your app is verified. ****, once verified, it's trouble enough just trying to change your address!

in my experience, the academic change only has them re-check with your existing transcripts. adding new transcripts is a waste of time considering the tiny change in gpa. you're better off just including that in an update letter at some point.