grade delayed. Should I just ignore the grade?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

savvysearch

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have my spring grades but one of my grades has an RD by it meaning report delayed. The thing is, I am almost certain that I got an A in this class. Should I just report the rest of the grades on my application but leave this class out? Or just wait until my grade comes in, although there is no telling when it will come in. It's already a week after grades are supposed to be due. And I feel as if I am losing my advantage of an early application. Any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

savvysearch said:
I have my spring grades but one of my grades has an RD by it meaning report delayed. The thing is, I am almost certain that I got an A in this class. Should I just report the rest of the grades on my application but leave this class out? Or just wait until my grade comes in, although there is no telling when it will come in. It's already a week after grades are supposed to be due. And I feel as if I am losing my advantage of an early application. Any suggestions?

I submitted my application without my spring quarter grades. Don't we get to update our grades sometime in the FAll? Correct me if I'm wrong. So maybe it's not a big deal to leave it blank?

miravyn said:
I submitted my application without my spring quarter grades. Don't we get to update our grades sometime in the FAll? Correct me if I'm wrong. So maybe it's not a big deal to leave it blank?

We do, but I think we don't get to update it til January. That's a really long time and I think some schools have probably given out all their interview already.
Does anyone know what month we can update summer grades?

Also, I called my school and they said it could take weeks before they can fix and post the grades. Ughh! I think I'll email my professor for my grade and just post it on my application. And just take the chance that my grade will be posted in a couple of weeks when I send in my transcripts.

Members don't see this ad :)
savvysearch said:
We do, but I think we don't get to update it til January. That's a really long time and I think some schools have probably given out all their interview already.
Does anyone know what month we can update summer grades?

Also, I called my school and they said it could take weeks before they can fix and post the grades. Ughh! I think I'll email my professor for my grade and just post it on my application. And just take the chance that my grade will be posted in a couple of weeks when I send in my transcripts.

I already sent in my transcripts and application. I already have a solid GPA so having spring quarter grades won't really make a difference. Maybe I don't have to worry about sending the new grades in?

miravyn said:
I already sent in my transcripts and application. I already have a solid GPA so having spring quarter grades won't really make a difference. Maybe I don't have to worry about sending the new grades in?

It won't make a difference in your case if your GPA is good. My GPA is not so great, so I really need all the good grades I can get.