Gurby

5+ Year Member
Jul 28, 2014
Status
Medical Student
I am so sorry this is happening to you. What do you think has caused this problem? What do you fear most about this?

OP
Jul 29, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
I am so sorry this is happening to you. What do you think has caused this problem? What do you fear most about this?
I think it was that I emailed them and asked them too many questions and showed up to their office hours. I think I annoyed them. sigh. I worked my butt off an thought I would get an A based on the previous info given to me. It was such a disappointment and as I had a super high GPA it lowered it significantly and made me further upset.

About the Ads

AnatomyGrey12

2+ Year Member
Sep 8, 2015
Midwest
Status
Medical Student
I'm confused, I'm fairly confident that professors must provide a syllabus that outlines the grading criteria. How is your class graded?

AnatomyGrey12

2+ Year Member
Sep 8, 2015
Midwest
Status
Medical Student
It was such a disappointment and as I had a super high GPA it lowered it significantly and made me further upset.
Sorry but an A- is not going to lower your GPA "significantly"

OP
Jul 29, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
I'm confused, I'm fairly confident that professors must provide a syllabus that outlines the grading criteria. How is your class graded?
Just a curve. For example, if the average was 40/60 he would say 45/60 would produce As in email etc.

There are student orgs that handle disputes through channels with department chair and committee.

AnatomyGrey12

2+ Year Member
Sep 8, 2015
Midwest
Status
Medical Student
depends on the point of view, and how many units you have in total. :)
No it's not. The absolute worse is it drops you to a 3.7, that's not significantly. And if it is doing so to you then that means you are a freshmen with no credits and need to really chill. You don't want to be known as the student who argued with the professor over an A-, once you get that rep no professor will ever take your arguments seriously when an actual issue arises

joschar

2+ Year Member
Aug 2, 2016
Oklahoma
Status
Medical Student
I'm not sure what the problem is, it sounds like you were given the grade that your percentage in the class earned. If you can find someone that scored your same percentage or lower but made a HIGHER letter grade, then you would have a case. I'm also not sure why a professor has so much freedom to alter individual grades, compared to class wide curves.

OP
Jul 29, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
I'm not sure what the problem is, it sounds like you were given the grade that your percentage in the class earned. If you can find someone that scored your same percentage or lower but made a HIGHER letter grade, then you would have a case. I'm also not sure why a professor has so much freedom to alter individual grades, compared to class wide curves.
Should I ask for a meeting and go over the grading?

About the Ads