Grade drop explanations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coquito

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
nvm. I didn't ask my question well. Thread can be deleted

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi! Based on your overall academic record, I think the drops were not drastic enough for them to necessarily wonder what was going on. As far as the harassment deal, that sounds like a tough situation but is something that, in my opinion, wouldn't help to bring up. Just my two cents, as one who has been interviewing.

Thanks! I'm hoping it just doesn't come up, too... but if it does??

I feel like it would be disingenuous to say "Oh yeah, I really struggled with the material in class X because my learning style blah blah blah" when the material wasn't the issue. But I also don't want to be evasive and say "I was struggling with something personal" ... awkward silence.

I certainly don't plan on volunteering anything if the question is not asked.

If you've been out of college for many years, I'm relatively confident they wont ask you about it. If they do, just say what you said here, what else can you say?

Adcoms really don't give two cents about the explanation you will give them for a grade drop, unless it is something extraordinary and life-changing.