1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Grade F; Course Business Calc

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by SeekerOfTheTree, May 9, 2007.

1. SeekerOfTheTree

10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Hello, this is my first time posting. Just to give you some background, I graduated with an engineering degree and a 3.74 GPA from the main university at which I took courses. In between I took around four courses at a community college which equalled two at my University. During that time I was an idiot because I had a girlfriend that needed some help in a business Calc class; and since I the genius had taken all the calcs before wanted to help, I signed up for her class at the community college. So there I was in it for a little bit and dropped it (thought I dropped it). Now I have an F on my transcript from there and I am wondeirng what this means for my application to med school and the aamc GPA calculation. Should I just go kill myself now or wait a little bit?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Crookshanks

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Oh man, that sucks. Sorry to hear that. I just posted a thread asking about business calculus and IF it counts towards the BCMP (Bio, Chem, Math, Physics) GPA, which is the science GPA, and everyone responded by saying "well, is it MATH?" So, yes, it does count towards your science GPA, not just your general one, which REALLY sucks. From my understanding, you can retake the class, get an A, and hopefully your GPA isn't ruined because aamc STILL averages in the F even if you retook it (go read the grade forgiveness thread to see what I mean). Don't kill yourself! Just retake the class and get an A, and make sure you do well in everything else. Unless you could get a grade change from and "F" to a "W" or something by talking to your professor....I really don't think there's much else you could do. But it's not the end of the world.

Goodluck!:luck:

~Julie

4. Crookshanks

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Oh, I forgot to say that I THINK that the Osteopathic (DO) schools don't average in the F if you retake it, incase you wondered.

5. SeekerOfTheTree

10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    See the interesting thing is I don't even have to take the course for a requirement since I have all my calcs and stuff....I only took it to help my girlfriend at the time...Man this sucks...I'll see if they will let me get a W

6. etf

etf
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

all the above advice is great; i've got nothing to add other than i liked your thread title.