Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Grade Forgiveness on AMCAS

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by dabiophyz, Apr 26, 2007.

1. dabiophyz

Pre-Medical
    So on AMCAS we need to include all of our grades, regardless if they have been replaced. How do they know what these grades are if they are removed from our official transcript?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. eikenhein

eikenhein my cat is awesome, his name is bandit
    Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved

Attending Physician
    I'm pretty sure they have a way of finding out, even if it isn't on your official transcript.

4. NN11

Medical Student
    You never know the paper trail that exists out there, it's just better to be honest than look like a liar and have your acceptance(s) rescinded later for dishonesty.

5. y8507

You still have to report grades that aren't on your transcript? Wow, AMCAS is hardcore. I didn't have any grades replaced, so this wasn't an issue, but I would have guessed that if it's not on your transcript, it doesn't need to be reported. I guess I would have guessed wrong, lol.

6. thirsty4chicken

thirsty4chicken New Member

Pre-Medical
    Yeah, you do have to report grades.

I retook a G-chem class, and my school cleared the old grade. 4 weeks after submitting my primary, I got an email from AMCAS saying that there was an error on my application. It was because I put down "RP" (my school's code for retaking a course) which was on my official transcript, instead of the original grade, which was NOT on my transcript.

Yes, AMCAS is hardcore.