grade improvement?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yessira

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So my GPAs through my college career are as follows:
Fall 3.57
Spring 3.18
Fall 2.62 (damn)
Spring 3.11
Summer 3.33
Fall 3.71
Spring 3.86
Cumulative 3.38, Science 3.22 (I think)

I know Spring this year is not over yet, but I am fairly confident this is what I can expect for medical school. I had a rough sophomore year and unfortunately that was when I took some core BCPM classes (orgo 1 and 2, phys, etc). My question is do you think my grades constitute a significant/noticeable upward trend? My major is engineering for whatever that's worth.

Members don't see this ad.

I dont think I would say its an upward trend. It seems very unstable since it starts high, drops, goes back up.

Its unpredictable. Your next year would reveal a lot.

I dont think I would say its an upward trend. It seems very unstable since it starts high, drops, goes back up.

Its unpredictable. Your next year would reveal a lot.

The OP has four semesters in a row of increasing GPA. That's definitely an upward trend.

To the OP, you probably need to do well on the MCAT to have a good chance at MD schools, in case that's what you're interested in.

Members don't see this ad :)
damn, im sorry. I misread the last line of it. Yes, thats an upward trend.

SORRY! my mistake. As someone with an upward trend, I know how damn frustrating it is to try and stop the bleeding. It seems like you have done a good job. Stay determined and really aim to do well on the MCAT.

Sorry again. Good luck!

Make sure you do really well on your last year. Even if you don't get in this cycle, you will have shown that you have truly changed. I think you still have a shot.

Thanks for the advice everyone. Yeah I am going to apply super early and I am practice MCATing at about 35-36 for an April date. Fingers crossed.