Grade Paranoia? Study Habits? Stressing Out?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PremedGunner

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Right, so I'm in a class where the prof assigns very general essays which I am afraid I will not do correctly, but the main problem with this class is that the prof will assign reading, usually about 100 pages, and then there will be a quiz on the reading but the questions don't so much test how well you read something, more of just very logical intuitive questions that I overthink and get wrong. Now, I'm just a little stressed out that this class is going to screw up my grade, and I'm thinking about dropping it because I don't even need this class.

Another thing on my mind is studying for tests. Does it ever feel like you aren't really learning anything and you are just wasting time? I'm not sure if I'm studying well enough or effectively enough.

Is there any point to taking classes that you don't need? They seem like just another possible way to screw me up. A liability if you will. Sorry if this sounds really stupid. I know I sound like a neurotic premed but it's hard not to after reading WAMC and so on.

Members don't see this ad.

Right, so I'm in a class where the prof assigns very general essays which I am afraid I will not do correctly, but the main problem with this class is that the prof will assign reading, usually about 100 pages, and then there will be a quiz on the reading but the questions don't so much test how well you read something, more of just very logical intuitive questions that I overthink and get wrong. Now, I'm just a little stressed out that this class is going to screw up my grade, and I'm thinking about dropping it because I don't even need this class.

Another thing on my mind is studying for tests. Does it ever feel like you aren't really learning anything and you are just wasting time? I'm not sure if I'm studying well enough or effectively enough.

Is there any point to taking classes that you don't need? They seem like just another possible way to screw me up. A liability if you will. Sorry if this sounds really stupid. I know I sound like a neurotic premed but it's hard not to after reading WAMC and so on.

hahha as i am reading this, the only thing that went thro my head is that "this guy is just like me". i actually just droped a class like this my self, its history on mesopotamia, its so boring lol.

only take classes that u dont need if its easy so ull get an A, or a retake.

Members don't see this ad :)

Only if I cram. Make sure you avoid having to cram and instead focus on learning the material at your own pace (read the chapter before lecture, do the problems after, review/study each chapter on the weekend). It does wonders in regards to how much you retain after the class is over.

If you truly don't need the class, and you can drop it without a W...just drop it. No need to make life harder for yourself.

In debt? Credit card bills piling up? Don't know where to turn? Call debt relief now. 1800-Every-****ing-premed-kid-is-stressed-about-grades.

In debt? Credit card bills piling up? Don't know where to turn? Call debt relief now. 1800-Every-****ing-premed-kid-is-stressed-about-grades.
haha this is so very true.

Fuller, go easy on the pepsi!

lulz were had :thumbup:

I am in the exact same boat in my philosophy class. Ugh Good luck with yours!