Grade Replacement Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fcb92

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
The first three semesters of college that I took went terribly. I will not make any excuses for myself I was simply an immature idiot. Suffice it to say that to get around a 3.0/3.2 Gpa I will have to perform very well in my remaining time. At the moment I am at a CC finishing up my "basics" so e question I have is: Would it be worth it to do grade replacement at my previous school OR should I just retake those classes which I failed at the university that I will transfer to? And yes I am aware that a 3.2/3.0 is not a very competitive GPA and that I'll need good extra-curriculars and MCAT to even have a chance.

Members don't see this ad.

There is no grade replacement for MD schools.

So it would be useless for me to grade replace those classes..

Members don't see this ad :)
Ahhh ok then! Thanks for answering

Last edited:
So it would be useless for me to grade replace those classes..
It depends on what classes they are and where you plan to apply. If you go an F in Intro to Theater, just move on and dilute out the effect with a sea of As. If it was math or science and you need to master the material before moving on, then retake.

Not unless you apply DO. MD schools average the two grades.

To be more specific about the AACOMAS (non-Texas DO medical schools) grade forgiveness policy: Each class that one retakes must have the same credit hours as the original course, or greater. The retake need not be at the same school. The course name needn't be identical so long as the course content is demonstrably similar per the course catalogs.

When one retakes, only the most recent grade is included in the calculation of your application GPA by AACOMAS.

AMCAS (MD) would list both the 3 hours of F and 3 hours of A, essentially giving you 6 hours of C.