Grade replacement for Economics class

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bbos

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I got a C in ECB 110 - Principles of Economics(Macro)

course description:
3credit(s)
The operation of modern economic society. Introductory analysis of production, exchanges, prices, distribution, money and banking, public finance, labor, the level of employment, the determinants of national income, and international trade.

Thinking about taking

ECON102: Introduction to Macroeconomics
3Credits
A broad introductory survey in which special attention is given to the role of economic principles in analyzing and understanding current economic problems. Emphasis is given to examining the overall functioning of the economy and to such matters as unemployment, inflation and recession. Other areas of emphasis vary from section to section and may include economics of government spending and taxation, economic development, alternative economic systems, and other topics.

Will accomas allow me to replace the class without any problems?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't bank on this class being an acceptable replacement for AACOMAS, since the course description for the first class is pretty vague and broad, and the replacing class is an intro versus a principles class. It could go either way, but you could definitely call AACOMAS and see what they say for a more definitive answer. That being said, if you have a decent GPA/upward trend and an otherwise solid application with no other C's, you probably don't even need to retake. I would imagine a C in a non-science prereq like econ wouldn't even be a concern for most med schools. Take this with a grain of salt however, and perhaps some other people with more experience can give you more insight.

Overall, I would check with AACOMAS if you really want that C erased, but I wouldn't sweat it too much.

Many schools call intro to micro/macro, "principles" of micro/macro. I would think this qualifies for grade replacement.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks for the replies.

The principals course was an introductory class, the pre-reqs for it was just algebra. This is why I think it can be replaced by an introductory class.

And I need to replace the C to rise my cgpa :rolleyes:

thanks for the replies.

The principals course was an introductory class, the pre-reqs for it was just algebra. This is why I think it can be replaced by an introductory class.

And I need to replace the C to rise my cgpa :rolleyes:

This class will definitely work for grade replacement so you are good.