• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

Grade replacement on transcripts

np2002

2+ Year Member
Mar 24, 2019
  1. Pre-Medical
    Hi all,

So sorry if this has already been answered, I searched google and this forum and couldn't find anything to answer my question.

My school lets us retake certain classes once, and the 2nd attempt only counts towards our overall GPA. However, the first attempt is still on the official transcript with the grade and "RD" next to it.

Will this still be counted on the AMCAS GPA even though my school didn't count it? If so, my transcript GPA will be decently higher than my med school app GPA :(

Catalystik

The Gimlet Eye
    Verified Expert
    15+ Year Member
    Sep 4, 2006
    The Other Side of the Portal
    1. Attending Physician
      My school lets us retake certain classes once, and the 2nd attempt only counts towards our overall GPA. However, the first attempt is still on the official transcript with the grade and "RD" next to it.

Will this still be counted on the AMCAS GPA even though my school didn't count it? If so, my transcript GPA will be decently higher than my med school app GPA :(
      You are required to enter both classes and both original grades when you complete the application form. AMCAS will include both in their calculation of your application GPAs.

Reactions: 1 user
      About the Ads
      This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.