Grade replacement on transcripts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

np2002

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

So sorry if this has already been answered, I searched google and this forum and couldn't find anything to answer my question.

My school lets us retake certain classes once, and the 2nd attempt only counts towards our overall GPA. However, the first attempt is still on the official transcript with the grade and "RD" next to it.

Will this still be counted on the AMCAS GPA even though my school didn't count it? If so, my transcript GPA will be decently higher than my med school app GPA :(

Members don't see this ad.

My school lets us retake certain classes once, and the 2nd attempt only counts towards our overall GPA. However, the first attempt is still on the official transcript with the grade and "RD" next to it.

Will this still be counted on the AMCAS GPA even though my school didn't count it? If so, my transcript GPA will be decently higher than my med school app GPA :(
You are required to enter both classes and both original grades when you complete the application form. AMCAS will include both in their calculation of your application GPAs.

Reactions: 1 user
Ok thanks :( Makes you wonder why schools even bother with grade replacement then.