Grade update

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MasterMD

it's a smile on the rocks
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey wonderful SDNers!!

so.. im taking 11 units this summer and have gotten straight As.. will really help my gpa... is it sufficient to sent an update letter to schools stating that this occurred or do i also have to send transcripts to prove it? as i said, it will really help my gpa so i am sending them a letter no matter what.. but transcript? necessary??

thanks!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I sent every school an unofficial copy of my summer transcript noting that if they need an official, I will sent it over right away.

I would be in the same boat.

I am taking 13 credits and straight As.

Did you guys also send a note saying what the new GPA and BCPM would be after including the summer grades?

For my BCPM, it makes a difference of about .1 between summer not included and included.

But I don't know how medical would look at this.
Would they still consider my before-summer BCPM or would they give consideration to my after-summer BCPM?
My before-summer BCPM is lower than that of my choice school,
while, if included summer, it becomes about the same.

Or should i just have waited for my summer to end and THEN complete application? Since it would be mid-august, i guess it's not late and not at disadvantage. I am kind of thinking this.

Members don't see this ad :)
MasterMD said:
hey wonderful SDNers!!

so.. im taking 11 units this summer and have gotten straight As.. will really help my gpa... is it sufficient to sent an update letter to schools stating that this occurred or do i also have to send transcripts to prove it? as i said, it will really help my gpa so i am sending them a letter no matter what.. but transcript? necessary??

thanks!!!

Is it normal to send transcripts after your AMCAS has been calculated? I have never heard of this.

I sent transcripts to most of my schools after the end of my summer sessions. I e-mailed Georgetown and U. of Cincinnati the grades because I had talked to them earlier this summer and they indicated that I didn't need to send them actual transcripts; e-mail was fine.

DrVanNostran said:
I sent every school an unofficial copy of my summer transcript noting that if they need an official, I will sent it over right away.

yeah that makes sense.. ok great.. thanks so much everyone!!!