Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

grade W

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by up&atom, Oct 29, 2002.

1. up&atom

up&atom New Member

I'm a bio major and i am thinking of dropping by cell bio class. Will a W in cell bio look bad on my record for med school. I did drop a course two years earlier because i changd my major. So i will have 2 w's is this bad?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. nappy kat

nappy kat Membership Revoked
    Removed

If you would have a D or F, i'd think a W would look better. If not, youd be stupid to drop it IMHO

4. rae-chill

rae-chill Member
    7+ Year Member

i don't know if 2 W's will destroy you, but have you considered maybe taking an incomplete and retaking the course in the future? maybe that won't look as bad...

5. DAL

DAL no thank you
    7+ Year Member

What is a "W"....I've never heard of that.

6. withdraw from a class

7. DoubleDoctor

DoubleDoctor Ceder Dog's Daddy
    7+ Year Member

I had to withdraw from 2 classes when my Grandfather was dying because I didn't have time to devote to them and really could have cared less. I had good grades but just missed a bunch of class and knew that I was not doing as well as I could. I ended up WP (withdrew passing) and the med schools did not make a big deal out of it. I also know people that had to withdraw because of a change in their work schedule (so that the class conflicted) and it didn't hurt them. Just have a decent excuse. Now I think a WF (withdrew failing) would have been a bigger deal. Of course, I did retake both classes and got A's in them so they knew it was not that I couldn't do the work.