grade W

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by up&atom, Oct 29, 2002.

1. up&atom

up&atom New Member

I'm a bio major and i am thinking of dropping by cell bio class. Will a W in cell bio look bad on my record for med school. I did drop a course two years earlier because i changd my major. So i will have 2 w's is this bad?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. nappy kat

nappy kat Banned
    Banned

If you would have a D or F, i'd think a W would look better. If not, youd be stupid to drop it IMHO

4. rae-chill

rae-chill Member

i don't know if 2 W's will destroy you, but have you considered maybe taking an incomplete and retaking the course in the future? maybe that won't look as bad...

5. DAL

DAL no thank you

What is a "W"....I've never heard of that.

6. withdraw from a class

7. DoubleDoctor

DoubleDoctor Ceder Dog's Daddy

I had to withdraw from 2 classes when my Grandfather was dying because I didn't have time to devote to them and really could have cared less. I had good grades but just missed a bunch of class and knew that I was not doing as well as I could. I ended up WP (withdrew passing) and the med schools did not make a big deal out of it. I also know people that had to withdraw because of a change in their work schedule (so that the class conflicted) and it didn't hurt them. Just have a decent excuse. Now I think a WF (withdrew failing) would have been a bigger deal. Of course, I did retake both classes and got A's in them so they knew it was not that I couldn't do the work.