"Grades Type Conversion" on AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tweetie_bird

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
quick question-
after you are doing entering all the schools you went to, and want to add coursework, anybody NOT get this screen or a college they went to?

I had this screen show up for one of my community colleges I attended, but didn't show up for my university college. What's the matter? This is what showed up for my commutniy college and NOT University.
--------------------------------------
AMCAS does not have a record of the grade types for the school, academic year and term identified above. From the list below, indicate the grade types that appear on the transcript from the school. For additional instructions click "help" on the tool bar at the top of this screen.

Standard letter grades (e.g., A, B, C, D, etc.) with intermediate grades (e.g. A-, B+, BC, etc.)
Standard letter grades (e.g., A, B, C, D, etc.) with NO intermediate grades
Non-standard letter grades (e.g., HP, H, P, etc.)
Percentage grades (e.g., 100, 99, 98, 95, etc.)
Other numeric grades (e.g., 4, 3, 3.5, 2, etc.)
Other
No conversion to AMCAS grades available or required

Members don't see this ad.

i got a screen like that when i was entering my foreign coursework. if your cc was a small school, amcas might not know your grading scale.
if they gave you the usual grades, i.e. A-F with -/+'s then select the first option.

later, you'll also have to select how many of the units on that OT convert to semester hours. if it's already semester, just put 1 to 1.

thanks! yes, it's a small CC and they give grades on a 4.0 scale. i had to pick the first (or was it second?) option. I also had to pick the "quarter hours" for the next screen.

Hope I am doing it all right. This thing is not good for my nerves :rolleyes: