grading curves??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

endofevangelion

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have access to both the Princeton Review (won the hyperlearning course in a random drawing at some health fair) and Kaplan (actually paid money) online stuff. What I found strange was that their scoring was grossly different. For instance, comparing Kaplan Full length 6 to TPR diagnostic 4120, I made a 12 on a PS for Kaplan full length and I hit a 69%, a 13 for a 80% Verbal, and a 15 for an 85% BS. For the TPR exam, I made a 9 for PS with a 72%, a 10 for a 78% on Verbal, and a 11 for 81% BS.

I'm concerned with these discrepancies because I have no real way of predicting how I'll do on the real AAMC (I'm saving the AAMC tests for the final 3 week crunch). Also, I felt like the difficulty levels were about the same for both tests, so I don't really think the differences in curves was based on difficulty. Therefore, I was just wondering if you guys know if TPR just grades too harshly and/or doesn't really have a standardized curve or that Kaplan is just way too lenient (I hope not!)

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.