Graduate Applicant for MBChB at CUHK (Hong Kong)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chickenbella

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi – not sure if this is in the right forum, so I apologise if not. I have recently graduated with a BSc from Melbourne University, with a GPA of 3.96 and IB score of 44/45. I will be sitting the MCAT at the end of March.

I have applied for the undergraduate medical program at CUHK, and was wondering if there are any other graduate applicants (or past graduates) who are in the same position? If so, can anyone advise me as to whether I have a chance of getting in, and when interview offers may come out? I know on the website it says interview offers for degree-holders come out in June, but I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with them being released earlier?

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I am afraid you are in the wrong forum as this is for American Medical School. You should try the international forum. My Hong Kong born wife happens to be an alumni mentor for CUHK and says it is still atypical for graduates to enter an essentially undergraduate program. However, she is not a medical graduate so this is just a general opinion.

Thanks for the response. The post has been moved to the international forum. From what I have gathered through the CUHK website and from forums, graduate entry is not the traditional route (as it is an undergraduate program). However, there do seem to be quite a few graduate applicants, and medical students who have gained admission through the degree-holder pathway. At least, I hope this is the case!