Graduate college earlier then apply to dental school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

emmu

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if it is preferable to graduate college in three years and then apply to dental school? Does this decrease or increase the chances of being accepted? Do a lot of people do this?

Members don't see this ad.

I would say it has no effect. If anything it might help show that you can handle a heavy course load. I wouldn't recommend doing it if you think it may have a negative effect on your GPA. If not, go for it.

I did it and they seemed to like it. It doesn't have to affect your courseload as much as people think. I had a semester's worth of AP credits and then i took a couple summer courses at school and a couple online through a community college (eassssssy). I did 14 credits one summer which wasn't bad because half were community college gen-eds, and I did 6 credits the following summer, so even my summer wasn't that course-heavy. my summer classes were easier so it actually helped my GPA and I'm out early. Do it if you can.