1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

graduate early?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Alli Cat, Jun 27, 2002.

1. Alli Cat

Alli Cat Flygirl
    7+ Year Member

Just a Q:

I graduated early, not because I wanted to, but because my parents could barely afford the 3.5 years I was in college. They wanted me to do it in 3; I negotiated for 3.5 (wahoo!)

Anyway, do adcoms care? Are they impressed by early grads? Or do they just see it as a lost opportunity to make oneself more well-rounded (by taking non-major courses)?

Any input would be appreciated. :confused:

~Alison

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Trek

Trek Grand Uranium Member
    7+ Year Member

Probably more of the latter- as you know everyone says they want well rounded kids. But at 3.5 it's not that much of a difference- my last semester i took 2 classes i think- i barely remember :) --Trek

4. none

none 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

I think it will neither hurt nor help you to any appreciable extent. Regardless, you can't change it, so just apply and be confident.

5. Resident Alien

7+ Year Member

Some interviewers may be curious how/why you graduated early. It happened to me, but Id say its rare. Graduating early is not a crime :)

6. Mutterkuchen

Mutterkuchen Senior Member
    15+ Year Member

I personally feel that taking additional non-science courses do not necessarily make you well rounded. What makes one well rounded in my book is a variety of unique experiences, clinical and otherwise that they acquire.

7. Alli Cat

Alli Cat Flygirl
    7+ Year Member

Thanks! Yeah, I agree that 3.5 isn't that early... but it sure feels like it when you enter the working world and all your friends are still getting up at noon! :p

Apply and be confident... good advice for anyone.

~Alison