Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

graduate early?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Alli Cat, Jun 27, 2002.

1. Alli Cat

Alli Cat Flygirl
    7+ Year Member

Just a Q:

I graduated early, not because I wanted to, but because my parents could barely afford the 3.5 years I was in college. They wanted me to do it in 3; I negotiated for 3.5 (wahoo!)

Anyway, do adcoms care? Are they impressed by early grads? Or do they just see it as a lost opportunity to make oneself more well-rounded (by taking non-major courses)?

Any input would be appreciated. :confused:

~Alison

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Trek

Trek Grand Uranium Member
    7+ Year Member

Probably more of the latter- as you know everyone says they want well rounded kids. But at 3.5 it's not that much of a difference- my last semester i took 2 classes i think- i barely remember :) --Trek

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. none

none 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

I think it will neither hurt nor help you to any appreciable extent. Regardless, you can't change it, so just apply and be confident.

4. Resident Alien

7+ Year Member

Some interviewers may be curious how/why you graduated early. It happened to me, but Id say its rare. Graduating early is not a crime :)

5. Mutterkuchen

Mutterkuchen Senior Member
    15+ Year Member

I personally feel that taking additional non-science courses do not necessarily make you well rounded. What makes one well rounded in my book is a variety of unique experiences, clinical and otherwise that they acquire.

6. Alli Cat

Alli Cat Flygirl
    7+ Year Member

Thanks! Yeah, I agree that 3.5 isn't that early... but it sure feels like it when you enter the working world and all your friends are still getting up at noon! :p

Apply and be confident... good advice for anyone.

~Alison