Graduate-entry programs 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

neulite

Graduate Student (GRII)
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to confirm with everyone the programs available for international students for 2009 commencement. Let me know if there any more or these are incorrect.

ANU. Apply through ACER
UQ. Apply directly
USydney. Apply through ACER
Monash. Apply through ACER
Wollongong. Apply directly (applications passed for early entry)
Flinders. Apply through ACER
Melbourne. Apply directly

So I'm only allowed to apply to two universities through ACER?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! I will reply on behalf of Wollongong... just for clarification

We are still accepting applications for early round - although we originally said 15 March, the applicationsare still coming in and I wont be in USA and canada ntil early April so you can still apply to us for probably for another 2-3 weeks for this round. We will be accepting applications later in the year (around June-July - at the same time as ACER) but if you're keen to consider UOW for 2009 I would suggest applying now - and then you get the jump on the rest of the North American applicants and the rest of the world.

You are correct ACER allows you two preferences only....

Of course, UOW will also accept applications through ACER.... but if you're in North America you are best to apply to us directly- as you can do that on top of your ACER prefs, and we dont charge an application fee if you apply direct.

I think you're other details are correct. UOW you apply direct via Australearn, UQ and Monash through Oztrekk I understand.

Cheers
Lyndal

---------------------------------------------
A/Prof Lyndal Parker-Newlyn
Associate Professor of Medical Education
Academic Leader, Admissions and Selection
[email protected]

I know this is a bit off topic for the thread I started but I'll follow you're response. I read somewhere that US students are not eligible for typical federal aid at UOW, is this correct? How do students normally pay for school there? I only held off my application because I couldn't afford it otherwise.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just wanted to confirm with everyone the programs available for international students for 2009 commencement. Let me know if there any more or these are incorrect.

ANU. Apply through ACER
UQ. Apply directly
USydney. Apply through ACER
Monash. Apply through ACER
Wollongong. Apply directly (applications passed for early entry)
Flinders. Apply through ACER
Melbourne. Apply directly

So I'm only allowed to apply to two universities through ACER?

Programs also open to graduate/internationals:

Bond
Western Sydney
Notre Dame (Sydney and Freemantle)
Deakin
UWA

Programs also open to graduate/internationals:

Bond
Western Sydney
Notre Dame (Sydney and Freemantle)
Deakin
UWA

Deakin and UWA are not accepting international students for 2009. I'm not sure about the others. I emailed Bond though.

I know this is a bit off topic for the thread I started but I'll follow you're response. I read somewhere that US students are not eligible for typical federal aid at UOW, is this correct? How do students normally pay for school there? I only held off my application because I couldn't afford it otherwise.

Neulite- yes, you are quite correct - while our medical school is recognised internationally by FAIMER etc, US students are not eligible for federal aid until we have 2 years of graduates form the program - so not until 2011. (our first graduating year will finish in 2010) We currently have 10 Canadian and 1 US student in the program, as well as internationals from Africa, Singapore, UK and Hong Kong. Most of the North American students have accessed private loans with the assistance of our agents in Canada and the US - Australearn.

If you need any more info on this email me on [email protected] or the US enquiries person at Australearn (Julie ATherton) at [email protected]

Cheers
Lyndal
---------------------------------------------
A/Prof Lyndal Parker-Newlyn
Associate Professor of Medical Education
Academic Leader, Admissions and Selection
[email protected]

Notre Dame is also not accepting internationals. Good luck all